Universal Traffic Recorder, Front and Rear Camera (on S4 Avant)

WarwickBoy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My first post. After 6 BMWs (4 x 3 series) and currently a 520d Touring and 335i Coupe owner, looking at swapping those both for an Audi S4 Avant and have a question about the option "Universal Traffic Recorder, Front and Rear Camera"

1. Is this a fully fitted factory option?

2. When installed does it have any trailing wires?

I love the idea of an integrated, front and back facing dashcam, and for £565 would hope it is as such. However when I look at the description of this item it does not give confidence that it is fully factory fitted, and not seen. I would not like to have trailing wires in a new car.

When specifying (see attachment), it states:
  • 1 x basic wiring kit
  • 10 x cable ties !?!
  • 3 x foam grommets

Can anyone who has this fitted re-assure me (or not)/share pictures?

For those who specified this option from the factory, what are your thoughts. Any general guidance on this?

Many thanks,

WarwickBoy

Attachments

• UTC Concerns.PNG
    UTC Concerns.PNG
    287.9 KB · Views: 468
Hi guys,

My first post. After 6 BMWs (4 x 3 series) and currently a 520d Touring and 335i Coupe owner, looking at swapping those both for an Audi S4 Avant and have a question about the option "Universal Traffic Recorder, Front and Rear Camera"

1. Is this a fully fitted factory option?

2. When installed does it have any trailing wires?

I love the idea of an integrated, front and back facing dashcam, and for £565 would hope it is as such. However when I look at the description of this item it does not give confidence that it is fully factory fitted, and not seen. I would not like to have trailing wires in a new car.

When specifying (see attachment), it states:
  • 1 x basic wiring kit
  • 10 x cable ties !?!
  • 3 x foam grommets

Can anyone who has this fitted re-assure me (or not)/share pictures?

For those who specified this option from the factory, what are your thoughts. Any general guidance on this?

Many thanks,

WarwickBoy

It’s a dealer fit piece of kit rather than factory fit. There’s no trail in wires or anything as far as I’m aware though.

The issue I have with it is that they don’t do a different left and right hand drive version so for it to be mounted well it appears to sit either in the drivers view or quite far into the passenger side view, depending on which side of the rear view mirror you mount it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. Appreciate your good advice. I'll definitely look to check out how the mounting looks on a fitted example to see how obtrusive it is. I note that the aftermarket price for supply and fit from HazzyDazs is a little cheaper at £552 (inv. VAT) as apposed to £565, however if I do manage to get 10.7% off across the board on my (PCP) order (as some have on here) going for it on original order, and dealer fit probably makes sense.

This will be my second Audi. I did have a R reg A4 2.4SE which I bought for £1600 miles in 2015, ran for 25,000 miles and then sold for £850 2 years later. The only fault with it was the BOSE Stereo. In winter, when you turned on the car, the stereo always came on full blast. In summer there was not a problem.