Update my centre radio to Nav plus

bigrich690

Reaction score
At the moment i have a standard audi concert cd player the single type one (see picture 1) but i want the large sat nav unit (see picture 2) to replace it, can i install it? if so how? ie do i need to buy a new heater unit so this will all fit?

027.jpg

Audi+A4+RNS-E.jpg

You currently have a single din unit you will require a double din cage , yes you should get a new heater unit as it goes lower down the dash but i know of several members that trim (dremmel) the existing one to the correct shape so no replacment needed.

yea that would be a better idea, i dont see me putting it back to standard and i cant tell the heater units apart on ebay as such so may try that, was mainly just enquiring, thanks for the response

Hi Bigrich690
Did this exact conversion on my 2005 A4 this weekend with the help of a guide i found on the net, not sure if i got it from this forum or another. PM me with your email address and i will send you it. The whole job took around 3 hours and was fairly easy. The part No for the double din cage you will need is 8E0 858 005 F, don't bother with Ebay as they are only £46 inc VAT from Audi. A new double din climate control unit from Audi is very expensive and the prices for second hand ones are pushing £100 so i cut mine down with a Dremmel, £29.99 from a well known DIY store. It looks perfect, saved a lot of cash and i now have a Dremmel. Only other parts i think you will need along with an RNS-E unit are the leads to convert your existing wiring to the RNS-E, again these are available from Ebay.

as above very easy to retrofit
will need some codeing with vcds aswell