B9 Update RS Cockpit to 2020 facelift version

dzeta

Reaction score
Hi! Anyone thinks is possible somehow to update our cockpits to the new RS 2020 facelift versión? looks like a software thing right?

From this:
Audi-virtual-cockpit_1-980x540.jpg

To this:
2020-audi-rs7-sportback-audi-virtual-cockpit.jpg

Personally I prefer the current look.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Reactions: IDontLikeSpeedCameras
I saw the same question on another forum or thread and an expert(?) said NO it’s not possible, although I didn’t see a reason at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And what about upgrade the screen to the touchscreen one? oem or some android clone? cmonnnn

I agree it would be a nice upgrade if possible. You could ask Hazzydayz.com who do retrofitting of these TFT displays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think these pictures are from an RS4. I’ve recently swapped from a B9 Sline 272 to a new facelift RS4, which unlike the earlier car, does not have the separate coolant temperature and fuel gauges. The new instruments incorporate these in the main display, which is also higher definition than the earlier model, so it may be more complex than using the later software.

Reactions: Andy James
I don’t think these pictures are from an RS4. I’ve recently swapped from a B9 Sline 272 to a new facelift RS4, which unlike the earlier car, does not have the separate coolant temperature and fuel gauges. The new instruments incorporate these in the main display, which is also higher definition than the earlier model, so it may be more complex than using the later software.

Its not from an RS4 (the top one clearly says R8 in the rev counter) but it doesnt really matter. He's just lifted them from the internet to illustrate his point.

It's not a simple software change either. The system is different hardware, different screen resolutions etc etc. It'll be doable eventually no doubt but it will be prohibitively expensive for what (in my view at least) isn't actually a better looking system.