Updating MMI and Google Maps

Ryan Carpenter

Reaction score
Hi all

Had my A4 since late 2017 and from what I've noticed I've never received an update. Every now and then i go into the software update and it says 'no updates available' and recently 'error connected to update server'.

Has there been any updates to the MMI during this time? Am I doing something wrong? The same goes for google maps. On my iPhone google maps now shows cameras during navigation, shouldn't this also be the case on the MMI with official google maps?

Cheers

What year / MY is the car?
Do you have Tech pack?
Have you checked license period / validity in Audi Connect section? Standard only gets 1yr, vs 3yr for Tech pack.

Maps are typically updated annually. You can either do from MMI if you have a data plan in car (or built in eSIM), or from a computer using the Audi Connect site and a USB / SD storage device.

To add - no camera alerting in MMI nav. You have to add them in as a POI (point of interest) if you want them. There’s threads here about how to accomplish that.

What year / MY is the car?
Do you have Tech pack?
Have you checked license period / validity in Audi Connect section? Standard only gets 1yr, vs 3yr for Tech pack.

Maps are typically updated annually. You can either do from MMI if you have a data plan in car (or built in eSIM), or from a computer using the Audi Connect site and a USB / SD storage device.

Thanks for the reply. The car is a 67 plate without the tech pack but I was given the chance to extend the data plan for another year so it shouldn't run out until end of this year. Features such as weather etc still work. When you say from MMI am I doing it correctly by going to system maintenance then software update?

Hi all

Had my A4 since late 2017 and from what I've noticed I've never received an update. Every now and then i go into the software update and it says 'no updates available' and recently 'error connected to update server'.

Has there been any updates to the MMI during this time? Am I doing something wrong? The same goes for google maps. On my iPhone google maps now shows cameras during navigation, shouldn't this also be the case on the MMI with official google maps?

Cheers
If you have sd based sat nav then the only way to update the maps is to purchase a sd card with more recent maps and then have it activated in your car by an Audi dealership...