Upgrade to audi navigation plus

SNRTBH

Reaction score
I am hoping to upgrade my factory fitted audi symphony head unit to the audi navigation plus as I need the sat nav. I have been offered a second hand audi navigation plus for the audi 8P which includes the radio code and GPS aerial. My questions are this:
Would this be a simple plug & play once the GPS aerial is installed, or do I need some kind of adaptor to be able to plug my existing wiring system for the Symphony sytem, into the back of the audi navigation plus head unit?
Also, would I need to have a VCDS scan to program the sat nav system into my car?
Finally, does anyone know of a company/person who could do this for me (including fitting GPS aerial for a reasonable price?
Although I am based in the West Mids, I am happy to travel if the job could be done on the same day.
Thanks in advance.
P.S. My car is a 2006 Audi A3 (8PA) 3.2 V6 4 ddor dsg.
Here is a pic of the unit I am planning on buying

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220520-133812_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220520-133812_Facebook.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 98
I know this doesn't answer your question but unless it's a really good deal I wouldn't bother with it.

I don't rate the Sat nav at all. I know my DVDs are a few years old now, but honestly it's the worse sat nav I've ever used (I guess it's better than nothing though).

The one thing I do like about it is the navigation inside the the instrument cluster.

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

Depending on the price u are paying for rhat model i would hang out to get the Mk2 ( 1 with media button ) good points does all the mk1 and more like 2x32GB sd cards compares to 2x2GB ad cards in the CD/TV one . U could try @NHN , if u want it fitted n coded correctly

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Reactions: NHN