Upgrading A3 speakers

Mikemc

Scooby Slayer
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I'm currently thinking if upgrading my in car sound system, I've searched but it just throws up rnse upgrade threads so sorry if its been covered.

How would I connect aftermarket speakers to an aftermarket amp but keeping standard stereo? I'm looking to upgrade to rnse in the very near future.

What size speakers do I have in my a3 8p sportback? And what brands come recommended?

What sub upgrade to hide into the same place? Possibly a new enclosure that fits in there

I don't really want to go into stupid money, I want nice sounding mid-highs, but nice deep and suttle base.

Probably around the 2-300 pounds mark maybe more if it completes a good set

Search on here for stealth sub. I had my sub installed by AndyMac here... 6.5" JL Audio.. and you honestly don't need to touch any other speakers in the car if you can change the sub or get a stealth sub install. It will completely blow you away.

The only extras you need are the line converter, amp wiring kit..

This gives you an idea: dizzythedog.com

PM him to find out if he does an install for the sportback.

Already spoke he don't do them, I'm a joiner by trade so ill look into fabricating an enclosure to fit for a sub

Good stuff will keep an eye out if you put a build thread up.
One thing we know though... the sub will make the whole system sound a hell of a lot better...

I might take it apart today for a measure up, and look up some decent subs, be nice if I could get an 8" , or a 10 depending he much volume they need