Upgrading spark plugs and coil packs

Pan01

Reaction score
Hi sorry I'm new to this. I have Audi A3 8v 1.8TFSI Quattro S-Line September 2013 model. I done some mods to it like Revo Stage 1 remap, Revo Stage 1 DSG Gearbox, Catback exhaust without a middle box, turbo muffler delete, Revo 16% bigger turbo hose and 16% bigger air intake.

I'm just enquiring what spark plugs and coil packs I should get to handle the extra power (85bhp I've added) but also for longevity as well.

Coil packs are standard but the spark plugs are platinum I put them in beginning of the year. About a week ago I was driving to work and I had a misfire on cylinder 4. Revo told me to put Denso iridium IKH24 but they don't look the same as the original spark plugs. I don't know what to do, need help.

Reactions: AlS3BE
I've got NGK competition plugs in mine. That's what the tuner recommended (instead of the RS7 plugs which apparently have been known to fail). 40 quid a pop though and have been advised to replace them every year.
I guess if you want to know if the plug is the issue then swap it with another and see if the misfire moves.

Hi thanks for the reply. The misfire happened only that day (2 weeks ago) and the car is fine since that it hasn't happened since. Is your coil packs standard? Alright ok I'll order those NGK competition plugs.

Yep standard coil packs. I'll probably look at replacing all mine soon just to be safe. I know from my old 3.2 that they can start misbehaving well before they actually fail.