UPPER dogbone mount insert - what do you guys think?

Lehn

Reaction score
So I just saw that 034 motorsport now offers an UPPER dogbone mount insert in addition to the widespread lower dogbone mount insert.

What do you guys think about this in general and is it really required if you only run the insert and not an aftermarket mount? And is it actually necessary for us with quattro which means we doesn't experience wheel hop?

I'm a bit sceptical but I thought I would post it to know what others think about this.

"The 034Motorsport MQB Upper Dogbone Mount Insert (patent pending) is required for any MQB platform MkVII Volkswagen Golf/GTI/R, 8V/8V.5 Audi A3/S3/RS3 & MkIII Audi TT/TTS/TTRS using an aftermarket dogbone mount and lower dogbone mount insert. Aggressive driving that causes violent drivetrain movement, such as burn-outs and wheel-hop, will cause the upper and lower dogbone mount assembly to exert a bending moment on the dogbone mount arm, causing it to bend, and in some cases fail."

034 509 1035 1

Cut away

https://store.034motorsport.com/bil...-5-audi-a3-s3-rs3-mkiii-audi-tt-tts-ttrs.html

Last edited: