Ur Quattro Leak

littlelegs

Reaction score
Is anyone sure of how to fix a slight weeping of fluid from a security bolt in the bottom of what seems to be a servo for the power steering, which is attatched to the brake master cylinder?
Cant say I've ever noticed it, but when I picked up the car from leaving it in Epsom Audi showroom for two months, its now there. It must be under pressure as is left a small puddle on their showroom floor. The vehicle is a WR model.
Looking forward to any replies.
(Im away from tonight 29th so I wont be able to respond until next weekend)
Cheers
Geoff

You will find that it is seals between bolt that need replaced i think ,any pics?

Cheers

..........Steve

No, no pics yet anyway.
The bolt has a tamperproof head to it in a sort of serregated pattern, and as far as I know there is no tooling to fit according to the Snap on dealer i use. It seems as if it was designed as a one time fitment not to be removed.
When come back I will get some pics so you can have a look
Cheers

mbengine.jpg
[/image]

This is your engine that steering pump goes with?

The engine shown is from an MB model, still 10v but lots of mods over a WR. This unfortunately includes different power steering, without the serregated nut on the bottom.
In the pic, the offending item should be below the brake master cylinder about 7" from the front of the cast body.
I shall try and take some pics today.
Many thanks
Geoff