urgent...backwards compatability

amb276s3

bird spotter
Reaction score
as title, have just purchased a xbox 360 and have a number of original xbox games i dont want to lose, does anyone know how to get the splinter cell games to work, i have downloaded the "patch" from xbox.com but can only get halo and a few others to work so far.
cheers for any replies as ive got a buyer for my original xbox but dont want to let it go till i know i can still play all my original titles. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Sorry mate, the only backwards compatible game I play on the 360 is PES 5, which works fine.

Try posting a question here you'll need to register first.

Kev.

Thanks very much Kev, to my understanding microsoft are slowly making more games compatible but they seem to be taking their time with what i thought were popular titles, i bought the premium pack with hard drive etc because i understood that original games would work with no messing about, whilst if you just purchased the core system you needed to add to it..... i hope this makes sense.

I still have my old xbox's hooked up, so I don't worry too much about backwards compatibility.

MS are certainly slow in getting the old games back up and running, and in reality not all will work.

Some friends of mine who do use the 360 for older games complain that some have no voice support, sound or just don't work at all!

You might be best off keeping your old xBox, you'll not get that much second hand for it anyway...

Kev.

Cheers, i am slowly swaying toward the same decision seems it may be the only way.

thanks kev, tbh i've not had time to retry, all good things to those who wait etc

Andy

just in case anyone is struggling with original xbox titles playing on the 360, i found by connecting to xbox live and then loading the original game into the 360 it will download the code for that particular game, the file you can download via pc and then transfer by disc does not always work as i found with the splinter cell series, the only thing you may need to do is change the lead from the optional hd lead back to the one that came with the machine to view some earlier titles... waiting for splinter cell 4