*URGENT* Clutch pedal help

ben_harmer32

Reaction score
Hi all,

Was driving back from picking the Mrs up from work, stopped at a junction with clutch down. There was a loud crack, the car stalled and the clutch pedal was stuck to the ground. Managed to pull it back up and this popped off??

picture.php

Pushed the car back round the corner to my house.

Can anyone help please???

What's happened?

You have to take your clutch pedal off and get it welded as it sits in a little box on the side of the pedel and the cap comes off and that's how this comes out

Yeah snapped pedal! Happened to me about a month back on a busy crossroads I bodged it with cable ties to get home and investigate. It's the little metal tab snapped off like this:

As I was in a rush I got a new pedal roughly £35 I think from Audi I kept my broken one to be welded up as a spare!
It isn't too bad of a job to swap it but the spring can be a pain to get back in about an hours work. I found a guide on here I believe that was pretty handy.

Had a mate who got through several of these before realising the clutch release bearing was worn so took more effort to use and therefore breaks the pedal.

If you read the Audi workshop manuals they have a tool especially to put that spring back in. Looks like a pair of BBQ tongs to compress the spring and get it in the gap nice and easily.

You can compress the spring in a vice and then secure it with a large cable tie, after installing the spring cut the cable tie. Simples

Ordered all the bits from Audi, according to the guy on the phone the clutch pedal is a revised part? Wandered if they've learnt there lesson??

Ordered all the bits from Audi, according to the guy on the phone the clutch pedal is a revised part? Wandered if they've learnt there lesson??

If you could post a pic of the new pedal, I would be greatfull so I could check mine and see if it's worth changing for a updated model.

I ordered the new pedal and it has the welds in the same place I think best bet is get the old one welded if you can or add some extra to the new one. Don't appear to be worth swapping unless it's broken.

All sorted now thanks for the help guys. The guide was great and it was very easy to follow and do. Couldn't see any differences between the old and new clutch pedal so no idea what the guy from audi ment?

Onto the next issue :(

Reactions: Westy