Urgent help required please.

RS3 S.

Reaction score
Cant open the fuel flap on my 2016 RS6 c7. I've been in the boot & pulled the emergency release & that won't open it either. I'm home so that's one thing but only got around 100 miles in the tank which is how i discovered it's stuck when i got to the Esso station to fill up.

The only other way, I would do it is :
Take it apart from the other side.
Pull inner wheel liner, filler neck pipe, and hope you can force the solenoid in to release the filler flap.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RS3 S.
I've just tried the emergency release again & still no joy. I'll call the garage that looks after it for me tomorrow & get it booked in with them.

Reactions: Leo Komninos
Its a common fault, gets water damaged internally & the unit rusts so wont move.

When its gone like this, the pull cord wont work either.

Any idea how to open it without damage?.
This happened to my c7 and it’s a case of wedge something like a trim tool in and force it open. Doesn’t take much force, just don’t scratch or dent the paintwork trying.
that was the solution Audi assist gave me when I was stuck in a petrol station. all was replaced under warranty as mine was only a year or so old.

This happened to my c7 and it’s a case of wedge something like a trim tool in and force it open. Doesn’t take much force, just don’t scratch or dent the paintwork trying.
that was the solution Audi assist gave me when I was stuck in a petrol station. all was replaced under warranty as mine was only a year or so old.
thanks for that. I posted my last comment before i read this. It's just stated to rain now but as soon as it stops ill give it a go. I'll call my garage tomorrow as i took a warranty with the car when i got it so it might be covered by that.

thanks for that. I posted my last comment before i read this. It's just stated to rain now but as soon as it stops ill give it a go. I'll call my garage tomorrow as i took a warranty with the car when i got it so it might be covered by that.
It’s not the nicest feeling attacking the car. It was that or get it towed. My local Audi dealer had them in stock so must be a common problem.

Reactions: Sandra and RS3 S.
All sorted now thanks. I removed the cover of the filler flap & that gave better access to the plastic that covers the filler cap. Manged to get a good grip with my fingers & pulled it open. Been & filled up & believe it or not its working perfect like nothing has happened?. squirted loads of WD40 around the area so maybe that's helped?. Thanks again for the advice.:icon thumright:

Reactions: Sandra, Leo Komninos and AlS3BE
Running a credit card around the edge of the filler cap released mine when it wouldnt open at the fuel station. Panicked like mad and Really annoyed other drivers waiting to fill up also... You will still need to get this fixed long term... Its a common fault the actuator crabbing out and is about 120 quid I think. I've put vasline on my new one to see if it prolongs it a bit longer...