US spec crash bar

garethdj

Reaction score
So wallowing in regret for swapping the RS3 for an M2 comp I’ve decided I need that 5 cylinder back in my life.

It’ll either be a new rs3 early next year or and TTRS, getting carried away looking at mods as you do…

What the difference between the uk and us spec crash bars that I notice have to be fitted for the apr intercooler?

Posting on here as it seems to have more activity than the TT section!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whats wrong with the M2?

The US crash bar has a larger gap between the bar and the Ac condenser so more room for the IC

Mainly the sound, which I knew before buying that it would be a downgrade but didn’t realise I’d miss it so much!

That and that fact I’ve not really got the roads nor the skill to enjoy the M2C to its full potential!

Not a chance you’ll get a new 8Y anytime soon.
There’s a huge black hole where most of the parts seem to have fallen into, hence Audi quoting 7-8 months delivery and can’t even give early adopters a build date.

Trouble is now you sold because you were offered good money, so anything you buy now, TTRS / RS3 etc will be up for even more because of demand.

M2 was never going to match Audi’s 5 pot or the quattro all weather ability, as much as people laud it…….

Yeah I’m keeping up with the 8Y thread.

I know, I sold high bought high with the M2. Challenge will be to get my deposit back, that’s what I work on, I almost discount the monthlies I’ve put into it.

I’m also costing up used 911 GTSs, the residuals are mega strong so monthly payments are coming in for the same money as what a new TTRS would!

So wallowing in regret for swapping the RS3 for an M2 comp I’ve decided I need that 5 cylinder back in my life.

It’ll either be a new rs3 early next year or and TTRS, getting carried away looking at mods as you do…

What the difference between the uk and us spec crash bars that I notice have to be fitted for the apr intercooler?

Posting on here as it seems to have more activity than the TT section!

I have had the USA crash bar and APR fitted to my TT RS. Other than springs and catch can it is all I have done. The USA crash bar does sit further out and needs also shorter foam to fit snug up to bumper. I wanted to make it look OEM as possible as did not want to fit a cut away one or an intercooler that replaced the crash bar, in case the insurance ever got funny after an accident. Its looks nearly identical to the European one. I assume it had to be moved back to pass the stricter pedestrian safety in Europe. Only ever noticed power being knocked back in OEM due to heat soak a few times in the 3 years of ownership as I don't use full power blasts close together. Will allow future upgrades safely.

I have had the USA crash bar and APR fitted to my TT RS. Other than springs and catch can it is all I have done. The USA crash bar does sit further out and needs also shorter foam to fit snug up to bumper. I wanted to make it look OEM as possible as did not want to fit a cut away one or an intercooler that replaced the crash bar, in case the insurance ever got funny after an accident. Its looks nearly identical to the European one. I assume it had to be moved back to pass the stricter pedestrian safety in Europe. Only ever noticed power being knocked back in OEM due to heat soak a few times in the 3 years of ownership as I don't use full power blasts close together. Will allow future upgrades safely.

Thanks, exactly the info I needed. It was more my concern about passenger safety so that’s good to hear, don’t like the idea of these trimmed back crash bars.

So just the cooler and no tune? My M2 goes the journey tomorrow so trying to make my mind up on what I jump into or if I wait for a factory order car and buy a little banger to see me through!

Thanks, exactly the info I needed. It was more my concern about passenger safety so that’s good to hear, don’t like the idea of these trimmed back crash bars.

So just the cooler and no tune? My M2 goes the journey tomorrow so trying to make my mind up on what I jump into or if I wait for a factory order car and buy a little banger to see me through!

No tune yet. I am trying to decide who to go with. The car is still on the 2018 software and makes lovely hot start up pops. An extended pop on upshifts in D with any sort of throttle above 50%. Etc. Don't want to loose that. Will prob get the revo 4inch elbow and intake fitted next.

No tune yet. I am trying to decide who to go with. The car is still on the 2018 software and makes lovely hot start up pops. An extended pop on upshifts in D with any sort of throttle above 50%. Etc. Don't want to loose that. Will prob get the revo 4inch elbow and intake fitted next.

Pre opf? Daza engine?

I went Revo stage 1 with my rs3, very very happy! Smooth map and didn’t lose any of what you state, added overrun in sport mood was

Reactions: Dan_DJT
Pre opf? Daza engine?

I went Revo stage 1 with my rs3, very very happy! Smooth map and didn’t lose any of what you state, added overrun in sport mood was

Thanks. Thats exactly the feedback I was looking for. Revo will be perfect.

Reactions: Dan_DJT