USB Port Info.

Tdisline

Reaction score
My A3 came with the ipod connection in the glove box but even though in the car's manual it says that the USB connection is also located in the glove box i can't seem to see it! I wondered if the input for USB came as standard or was an option as maybe my particular car didn't have it from factory?
Thanks in advance

My A3 came with the ipod connection in the glove box but even though in the car's manual it says that the USB connection is also located in the glove box i can't seem to see it! I wondered if the input for USB came as standard or was an option as maybe my particular car didn't have it from factory?
Thanks in advance

Hi Tdisline,

so we may assume your A3 is a TDI and S-line.

You may need to give more info on your car for others to help you.

Mine is a 2006 2.0T 6spd. No USB input and I believe iPod / iPhone connection might have been available for additional charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks in advance

Yep a bit more info on your car, especially it’s year and we can help with the puzzle :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No 8P had usb fitted from factory that I'm away of, it would have been ami with a usb adapter lead, all in the glovebox for facelift cars mid 08 onwards, but can be retrofitted to older cars, ami does need 193 rns though to be fully functional.

Sorry guys regarding the lack of info on the CAR. It's a 57 Plate (MY2008) A3 Spb 2.0 TDI Quattro, (BMN).
Thanks

Its kinda irrelevant as usb wasn't fitted to any 8P.

Hi NHN
I see what you mean it's just got me wondering as it's in the manual for the car which was published in 2007 for that car and it's variants, weird eh? Thanks for the info though.

Show me a pic of the manual pages showing the usb info.

I think you might needs one of these adaptors, this one is off my old B8 A4 but it converts the Audi port in the glovebox to a USB port.

Attachments

• IMG_20210524_130556.jpg
    IMG_20210524_130556.jpg
    925.2 KB · Views: 154
Thats an ami usb adapter, chances are given its an 07, he's got an old ipod interface not ami, so wont help.