USB, SD and Aux?...too good to be true?

Why too good to be true?

Just looks like a SD card reader and AUX-IN adapter. Never fancied one personally as you cant see any track info on your screen so you have to keep looking at the ipod to navigate your music.

All new A3s should have the Aux-In port in the hole next to the cigarette lighter shouldn't they? Are you buying new?

You can use a double ended headphone jack to connect an MP3 player of your choice.

By the way, on the RNS-e SW0650 allows you to enable the Aux-In port. I've made the change in VAG-COM to enable it so I now have CD\MP3\TV\AUX on my CD source screen. Just need to wait for my dealer to get my repair wires and i'll be hooking in a DIY aux-in socket rather than paying 30-odd euro for the factory fit socket and connectors.

Well for me...I am easily impressed..lol! I have the ipod connector so it would just be a straight swap, ideally would love a sat nav unit with the sd card reader..in the meantime I think this will have to do..

You should be able to use the iPod adapter and the factory Aux-In socket side by side as they use different connectors on the back of the head unit.

Are you buying a new car or a second hand one? If it is used what year is it?

So you're the one who bought d3fy's car.

No the Concert II doesn't have the Aux Input. It is only the II+ units from MY07 onwards. MY08 onwards come with the Aux-In port as standard.

You'll need to buy one of the leads that pretends to be a CD changer to get it to work.

Cheers for the info, very useful, I think the lead for the ipod in it at the moment does that.

Looks like no one has fitted one of these things then?

Not seen anyone mention these before, as you beat me down on price you could always just buy an ipod ;)

haha! Wouldn't have the Ipod off you mate, I really don't like them, its I Tunes!! I am an Archos fan....;-)