Renox

Reaction score
Hi. looking to finally purchase an Audi A5 3.0 TDI Quattro. Does anyone have any advise on what to look out for? (First time buying a car).

All help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Renox :)

I'm in the same boat looking for a 3.0l quattro.

Are you looking for an automatic or manual? If automatic look for the gearbox services and oil being changed at the appropriate intervals. The stronic gearbox is particularly expensive to replace/repair.

The 3.0ls have a cam chain so listen for a rattling on start up, this would indicate a potential problem with the cam chain itself

Check all of the electronics, again they are expensive to fix if they go wrong.

The window regulator's are a weak point and tend to go wrong, so check the windows open and close properly.

Good luck finding one, I'm beginning to lose heart.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Cheers for the response, currently looking for a manual one. You know of any software I can use with an OBD Reader too? (think it's a ELM327)

I use Torque and Carista for my A3 but I'm probably way out of the loop and there are better alternatives.

Struck lucky last weekend
0c35e7f271c7eaf64b39811527fa78b4.jpg

Reactions: James.c, Pinky1959 and MuPPeT_ON_TouR
Thanks, Whoever specified this didn't skimp, its got sunroof, folding mirrors and I think the midnight blue paint was an additional cost? Only thing missing is the b&o sound system the the standard setup seems good enough.

Ive done my budget and some, but I would like some 19 inch rotors at some point.