Used 'Press Car'

Stephen C

Reaction score
There are a number of Glacier White A3 Sportbacks in Sport trim, 1.8 TFSI S-tronic with identical configurations. I test drove one of these a few weeks ago and was told it was a 'press car'. It had about 5,000 miles on it and was going for £23.5k.

The spec is fairly impressive:
  • 18" 5-arm dynamic alloys
  • Alcantara/leather
  • B&O sound system
  • Technology pack with Audi Connect (no DAB because it was prior to build week 22)
  • Acoustic parking system rear
  • Xenon plus lights (with interior light pack)
The only things missing that are a slight annoyance are comfort pack and folding mirrors.

Is this a good deal? Can anyone here with experience buying used Audis think of any reason why these may not be as good as they look? As new, they would come close to £30k...

Some say they have been abused and driven hard which is likely to be true on the driving front. At the end of the day they have a warranty to sort things out if anything happens. Any damage to the car will be seen prior to purchase so isn't an issue.

On the face of it they seem a good deal.

I will be collecting an ex demo from a dealer at the end of the month. At the end of the day I got more than 15% discount v new and it had all the spec I wanted so happy.

Good luck if you go for it.

Steve

My a3 was a used demo car. You will have all the standard warranty if you bought it from new. If your not fussed about it being brand spanking new and want to save a couple £££ then go for it.

My car is an ex demo.

Not a fault in coming up to 3 years in my ownership.

Wouldn't put me off in the slightest.

Only moan would be that they over specced the options IMO....

My car is an ex demo.

Not a fault in coming up to 3 years in my ownership.

Wouldn't put me off in the slightest.

Only moan would be that they over specced the options IMO....

I wanted more like Xenons and a bit more toys but mine was cheapest in the country at that time and have to take it or leave it

TBH, it wouldn't worry me...

I ordered a 184Q in October and got an 8% discount. I've just looked on the used Audi pages and there is 1 within 100 miles of me which will be available end March. Not only is it of lower spec than mine, it is also more expensive.

TBH, it wouldn't worry me...

I ordered a 184Q in October and got an 8% discount. I've just looked on the used Audi pages and there is 1 within 100 miles of me which will be available end March. Not only is it of lower spec than mine, it is also more expensive.

Most of the used listings I've seen, especially Quattros, are as high as a discounted new price. That's why I was wondering what was wrong with these, as they are nearly-new and at a significant discount!

I'd check the car over very carefully. I was once told by a head office manager at Peugeot that press cars tended to come back in a dreadful state, e.g. with seats ripped out. I seem to recall he singled out Top Gear as an example...