Using mcGard wheel nuts on Audi 5 star wheels?

cheechy

Reaction score
Hi,

I've posted this elsewhere but am struggling to find someone else who's done this. I've just picked up my new A3 and its got the classic 5 spoke star Audi alloys - the ones that are put onto some A4's as standard I believe. The question is though - I've acquired some McGard locking wheel nuts and to my annoyance the standard grey plastic locking wheel caps don't fit over the top. Its at times like this you notice some of the stupid differences that Audi introduce into their cars to make life difficult. Yes - you could argue that its not neccessary to put the grey cap back on top but the locking nut sticks out like a sore thumb!

Has anyone managed to come up with a solution for this (bluetack wont work as it goes brittle afer a while)?

I'm interested in a solution to this as I'm surprised that Audi don't fit locking nuts as standard (I should have expected that!).

They do - its just that they don't fit many combinations and that is why I was looking to fit my own one in conjunction with the Audi one.

Must have a closer look at my wheels as our brands new A4 doesn't appear to have them fitted.

Dave

I've just found out that McGard themselves do 'covers' for their wheel nuts. I'll try and see if Halfords have got these in stock and see if they are going to be suitable........knowing my luck they'll probably be too big to go into the recess in the wheel