using spacers on a quattro

joss

Reaction score
i'm thinking about using some spacers on the rear of my a4 2.6 quattro and thought i read some where that only spacing out the rear was a bad idea,
am i just imagining it or is it true.
cheers :)

As long as you keep the same rolling radius you will be ok, however, you will put more stress on the bearings.

Should not be a problem I have been running spacer on cars for ages with no problem to the bearings. I would just try and get hubcentric ones if possible as these can help eliminate wheel wobble.

so as long as my tyres are the same size the offsett can differ from front to rear.
cool

I've run spacers from 5 to 15mm over the last 2 years of owning mine and had no issues at all, they all been exact fit hubcentric machined aluminium with correct length bolts.

Hello! I have a question about wheel spacers. I have an audi a5 coupe 2009 quattro and I want to put spacers on the front: 15mm / on each wheel, and on the back: 20mm / on each wheel. The wheels have the following specifications: Rotor model, OEM, 19” 9j ET33 all 4, tires size: 255/35 R19 all 4.Because the spacers are not the same size can they damage the quattro system? :readit:

Hello! I have a question about wheel spacers. I have an audi a5 coupe 2009 quattro and I want to put spacers on the front: 15mm / on each wheel, and on the back: 20mm / on each wheel. The wheels have the following specifications: Rotor model, OEM, 19” 9j ET33 all 4, tires size: 255/35 R19 all 4.Because the spacers are not the same size can they damage the quattro system? :readit:
Whether you’ll get any rubbing I cant say but I’m terms of damaging the car no, you’ll be absolutely fine with those spacers front and rear.

Reactions: RazvanRXR
Thanks for the information! I checked the match and it's ok, no problems. The only ambiguity was for the quattro system.