Using stock speaker wiring? (A4 B6 avant)

RobMorris

Reaction score
Chaps

I have the standard system in my car with sub/amp in the back.
Are all 4 door speakers + sub powered by the amp?

And if I replace the amp, can I use the stock wiring to power the stock speakers? and then eventually replacement speakers in the stock locations?

Cheers

You can use the stock speaker wiring no problem - obviously you can't use the power connection to the rear amp to power a new amp

I might run my own wiring actually? Is it easy to run the wiring through the gromits into the doors?
Im not going for bass or component sets in this car. Just a cleaner sound over stock.
Ive bought 2 sets of 17cm Infiniti 6532i. And will be running off a 4 channel DLS CA40 amp.

good luck with that! There's no way through the A pillars to the doors. The rubber boots are protecting solid connectors for all the door wiring.
With the standard (non Bose) system - the fronts run off the HU on a standard ISO plug annd the rears run off the rear amp.

Thanks Andy and understood - I shall forget the running my own wires idea..
I think im best to leave the fronts running from my Sony Headunit then?
Then run the rears from my own amp leaving 2 channels (bridged) potentially for a small sub at a later date..
Just sold a 8" RE sub that would have worked perfect in this car! Nevermind..

I have also learnt the reason why my rear speakers/sub doesnt work - I have an aftermarket HU!
This is not an issue considering my plans but the fact I can only pick up radio 2 and classic fm is an issue!

Q****What do I need to 're-activate' my aerial amp?

Cheers

It is a possibility to run new wires tbh, time consuming but maybe possible, dependent if there are spare slots in the door connectors, which there usually is.

if you want to do this with an oem finish then open up the pillar rubber boots, see if the connectors have any spare holes to put repair wires into, if so, you could look at the sizes available for that connector & fit new audi repair wires into each connector side, join new speaker wires onto the audi ones, thus oem connection through the connectors properly.

This isnt a 5 minute job & if the stock wires are adequate then use these tbh.

Thanks maybe il take a look as I done something similar to your suggestion in my previous BMW.
Do you know if the stock speaker cable will take 50wrms?