Using the car DA polisher on granite surfaces. Anyone done this?

A4A4

Owner of a Shiny Daytona
Reaction score
Looking to improve the shine on my granite kitchen worktops.

Has anybody used the car DA polisher for this?

If so, what did you use to get that factory shine?

Got a A4 piece of black granite ready to test on first before attempting the kitchen tops.

Any recommendations welcome..

Reactions: V6_Man
Reactions: NevMan
Go for it with a medium polishing pad and a compound with a little bit of cut, ie Menzerna 3500 or 3800 av used the DA to polish all sorts of things from stainless steel to a Subwoofer

Thanks for the suggestions.

@jassyo06 Did think to use car polish or wax (like Menzerna etc.) but these are for car paint and not sure how it would take to granite. (being a food surface as well)

@Tashfeen Those links lead to some old posts which steered to 'Paste wax for Stone' which I never know existed.

Looking now at Bellinzoni Special Preparation paste wax for polishing granite, being a paste should be okay to use a DA to buff on and off.

Use a car polishing paint "Compound " it will add gloss to the granite or a specific granite paste .. Your only wanting to add gloss are you not

Go for it with a medium polishing pad and a compound with a little bit of cut, ie Menzerna 3500 or 3800 av used the DA to polish all sorts of things from stainless steel to a Subwoofer
Having a nose about and this caught my eye. I have a piano gloss black REL subwoofer that has some really fine scratches . Been thinking about putting the DA to work on it but I've read that somewhere on the interweb about someone using car polish and the solvents ruined the paint .

Any suggestions ? I've read a small amount of basic plain white toothpaste is good ......

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

Having a nose about and this caught my eye. I have a piano gloss black REL subwoofer that has some really fine scratches . Been thinking about putting the DA to work on it but I've read that somewhere on the interweb about someone using car polish and the solvents ruined the paint .

Any suggestions ? I've read a small amount of basic plain white toothpaste is good ......

Well you'll be glad that your a member on here cause l have the answer to your swirled subwoofer finish lol
I got a brand new T9i in Feb and straight out of the box it was covered in fine scratches,..... So l got the mini Flex out and using a polishing pad and some Menzerna 3800 brought the finish back as it should have been in the first place
REL use automotive paint and lacquer for their subs mate so treat it like it was car paint

Reactions: NevMan and Scotty75
Well you'll be glad that your a member on here cause l have the answer to your swirled subwoofer finish lol
I got a brand new T9i in Feb and straight out of the box it was covered in fine scratches,..... So l got the mini Flex out and using a polishing pad and some Menzerna 3800 brought the finish back as it should have been in the first place
REL use automotive paint and lacquer for their subs mate so treat it like it was car paint
Really........
Well il be ******** ! Might get the Poorboy's Black Hole polish out then with a white Hex Logic pad. Funnilt enough I've got the predecessor to your sub , the T9

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Really........
Well il be ******** ! Might get the Poorboy's Black Hole polish out then with a white Hex Logic pad. Funnilt enough I've got the predecessor to your sub , the T9

T9 is a corker mate av combine mines with a Focal dome subwoofer ..... Bit OTT to be honest can't use my system anywhere near to its potential got the Pioneer Sclx 701 in January plus the pioneer lx 500

T9 is a corker mate av combine mines with a Focal dome subwoofer ..... Bit OTT to be honest can't use my system anywhere near to its potential got the Pioneer Sclx 701 in January plus the pioneer lx 500
Very nice . Big fan of Pioneer amps. Wish I'd give with Pioneer on my last upgrade . Got some elastomer feet for me T9 a couple of weeks ago . Turned it into a different animal . Cost me £60 but room rattle is gone . If recommend you take a look mate . Do a Google search for " SVS Soundpath Isolation Feet" .

Very nice . Big fan of Pioneer amps. Wish I'd give with Pioneer on my last upgrade . Got some elastomer feet for me T9 a couple of weeks ago . Turned it into a different animal . Cost me £60 but room rattle is gone . If recommend you take a look mate . Do a Google search for " SVS Soundpath Isolation Feet" .

Will do mate cheers

Reactions: Scotty75
Finally got around to polishing the granite surfaces with the DA.

Very pleased with the result.

IMG 20201115 160233

Reactions: Pinky1959, alpesh26, Bristle Hound and 4 others
Finally got around to polishing the granite surfaces with the DA.

Very pleased with the result.

View attachment 212266
Excellent Job. You do realise that this is now your job permanently. Oh and the wife may tell her friends, lol....

Reactions: A4A4, V6_Man and Jassyo06
That puts a quicky on the work tops right oot the windy.....as you'd be sliding right oot it....if attempted lol
Ah James, that has left me speechless. :friends:

Looks awesome! Which compound and pad did you use?
Used astonish pro on a soft buff application pad and then buffed off with a red hex logic ultra soft finishing pad.

Gran1

Reactions: alpesh26
Thanks, gives me something to do over xmas!

Aye, this lockdown xmas is definitely giving more time to getting around doing jobs, we most likely be putting off at home!

i've used mine to polish wax up on my dining room table

Reactions: A4A4