V-Maxx coilovers fitment query....

SMc

Reaction score
Website
www.smcphotography.co.uk
I'm about to order some V-Maxx coilovers for my A4 Avant 1.9TDi Sport B6....but, on the V-Maxx website it says.....

Suitable for Avant FWD 1.6 / 1.8T / 2.0 / 2.4 / 3.0 / 1.9 TDI / 2.5 TDI (exc Sport)

Height-adjustable Coilovers
Part No.
60 AU 10
RRP (inc 20% VAT)
£522.00

The question is, does this relate to just the 2.5TDi Sport model or all variants of Sport model? I have a feeling it is referring to the 2.5TDi Allroad with height adjustable air suspension but it's not quite clear.......can anyone confirm this?

None of the B6's came with air suspension. The Allroad wasn't released as an A4 until the B8.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SMc
Thanks mate, that answers some of it, means there must be something different about the Sport suspension compared to the other B6 models....anyone know what it is?

Thanks again James....as far as I knew the Sport suspension had lower springs (hence the 20mm drop you mentioned) and a different rate of damper but I still haven't sussed out why the coilovers won't suit the Sports as I would imagine the fitment would still be the same.....still can't find any details of this anywhere......

they will fit your sport same as the se
iv fitted quite a few sets of v-maxx to sports and s-lines
and they fit and work the as they would on the se

Reactions: SMc
Just another thing Bez....how did you find the V-Maxx? I've been assured the quality has steadily improved and in comfort terms they ride not too far off the OEM suspension?