V Power Diesel

Or cause there is a benefit to using it.

Keeps your injectors clean, has burning additives in it to give a bigger bang, helps keep thing running as they should.

Was putting that in every 4th fill up in my old Mondeo ST.
Wouldn't use it all the time unless driving the car hard regularly.

For just under £5 per tank it saves me having to put in any additives like Millers etc. to keep the injectors clean and the car running smoothly. Gets me 30-40 miles more per tank but I get through around 450 miles a week. Doesn't make as much of a difference as the petrol version does on petrol engines but still worth it IMO.

So you think Petrol V power makes a big difference? As im due to be doing more miles soon i may start considering using it then if it actually does give you better miles

So you think Petrol V power makes a big difference? As im due to be doing more miles soon i may start considering using it then if it actually does give you better miles

I KNOW it makes a difference but all depends on the engine management. Generally speaking it will eliminate a lot of knock events, pinking, over-fuelling, carbonising etc. Also gives better fuel consumption on many occasions and keeps injectors cleaner and emissions lower. Power gains can sometimes be achieved due to the extra allowance to adjust timing (higher octane burns quicker) on some engines.

On my old Mk4 Golf, it had recommended fuels for the engine with 98 RON in large font and 95 in small. I changed to V-Power back then and it gave me ~30 miles more per tank and also quietened the engine. Some cars (older ones generally) aren't mapped to run on 98 RON for example, in which case it wouldn't be worth it. I know some of the old Vauxhalls you could change the engine map by moving a fuse/switch from one position to another depending on what fuel you run it on. These days, with knock sensors etc. the engine management normally knows once you've switched fuel which normally takes around at least half a tank full to run in.

The reason I say the diesel variant is different is because the octane rating is irrelevant to diesels as it has more to do with the cetane and other additives. I do get slight less smoke when running on V-Power in my diesel. Again it probably wouldn't be worth it on older diesels which use not very advanced fuel control systems (e.g. mechanical injections) as opposed to injectors such as mine which can inject up to 8 times per stroke believe it or not.

HTH, Az.

I might have to give it a try mate, i did use V Power petrol when i first brought it and didnt know if i was getting more miles or not but i will notice more now i think.

Only problem is having to go out my way to go to Shell rather than just popping the local morrisons

Trouble is though, sometimes the gains are barely even noticeable on some engines and people end up thinking it's all a big con. Ask anybody who's had a custom remap and they'll probably have had it mapped to V-Power as it was proven in a 2012 report to be the most consistent fuel whereas Tesco momentum 99 had the highest overall octane reading.

I always use V Power (Petrol), when I was doing motorway miles, I used to get an easy extra 50 miles using that and the car felt more responsive too.

JJ, I would defo recommend it at least for a comparison for the first couple of weeks if you are going to be doing more miles.