Help Please V158 Temperature Flap Motor Location with Pics

The blower housing needs to come out....read above and I described how to remove it
For the benefit of others with an 8P S3 that end up finding this thread, the arrow in the pic below points to the V158. If you have VAGCOM you can run tests on it and if it doesn't move then you know its' broken/power issue. Got a replacement off ebay for £10. If it fails again I'm going to look into replacing the internals myself. Sod paying ~£90 for a motor, a potentiometer and some plastic.View attachment 237337

Hi All

I have a faulty V158 Temperature Flap Motor but cannot seem to locate where it is. I have stripped the glovebox and associated heating ducts. I have searched nearly every forum and cannot find a B8 reference for this location.

I have hooked up VCDS and run the the output tests for each motor and noted on the pictures attached which one is which.
  • Can anyone confirm where this V158 Flap Motor can be located?
  • Anyone have access to Elsawin for alternate Audi Drawings to show this location?
  • Anyone have/know of a DIY for the V158 Flap motor?
Any Help would be greatly appreciated View attachment 185941 View attachment 185942 View attachment 185943

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1,000.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    968.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    476.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 71
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 60
Finally! So i had to modify the cover and mess around with it but i finally got it to sit where it should and noe the noise has definitely gone! I’m getting cold air on passenger side but I’m assuming this is because the flap needs calibrating?
Hi,

How did you get it to sit correctly? What modifications did you make?

I ordered a replacement V158 plastic mount, and its exactly the same size as the broken one, but refuses to insert into the hole fully. It goes halfway in and wont align with the teeth on the flap cog.

Any help much appreciated!

Matt