vag com results help!

sabaxter

Reaction score
Did a basic test in the hvac module today. I clicked on basic test and selected 001 for a flap test. All the flaps showed movement in the numbers except flap associated with block 5. My air con doesnt work and was wondering if this flap could be the issue. Does andone know how I can check this flap? Or where is it located? If this flap is not working could this be causing my ac to fail. Also under hvac doing basic tests the fan does not kick in. What should I do?

Any help is appreciated

cant give any input on the actual problem it'self but the flap motors that control the heating and stuff are in the passenger footwell behind the glovebox. 2 screw underneath and 3 along the top inside the box itself and it pops out and just unplug the lighting cable for it. it really is that easy. :p

Cheers mate i shall have a look. If the flap is not working could this really stop the compressor kicking in?

A stuck flap will not stop the compressor working.
Have you scanned the HVAC ?

that i cant say pal. but it's possible. someone with much more knowledge than i should be long soon. :)

Scanned the hvac no issues Erm system was regassed last year. Now the fams the pass side rad fan constantly turns on a belt but ive never known the driverside to spin up. Could this insinuate a fcm fault? The power cobbector block near the pass headlight shows 12 volt at the green wire for the compressor but if I test the voltage for the compressor theres little voltage. So what is between the connection block and the compressor that cpuld cause issues?

I had a problem with the fan about 2 years ago

If I got stuck in traffic my aircon would blow warm until moving it turned out the fan was not coming on

further investigation found a lot of corrosion on the fan controller which is mounted with the fan

All the wiring was all furred up and a wire was broken off a few hours stripping it and a bit of time with a solder iron fixed it temporarily....................its still like it now lol

If the fan don't run the air con won't either!

Mine did

it just didnt work efficiently especially when not moving!

I suppose it could depend on what wires are causing it not to run!

If you've got 12v on the green wire beside the PAS reservoir but not 12V at the compressor, thats your problem...

You need to trace that wire thru and fix it. Theres a connector between the compressor and the front panel, so check there, and if thats fine just replace the whole wire.

And yes, the fan needs sorted, but the AC will run without it, you'll just get over pressure condition when the cars stationary and it will cut out.

The fan control module cant stop the compressor from running. It could stop the fan from running, but thats a seperate issue as detailed above.

If theres 12v at that green wire, the mag-clutch should be engaged. If its not theres either a wiring issue between the compressor and the PAS reservoir area, or the clutch is faulty.

Given you've said theres not 12v at the clutch, it surely has to be a wiring fault...

Thanks for your help I shall investigate on Saturday. If it is a wiring issue could I just run another wire from the resovoir connector directly to the compressor?