VAG Dieselgate A3 TDI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACWKGYTO

Reaction score
Ive often wondered why my dealings with Audi and Volkswagen have been so difficult but now I am enlightened, with todays revelations regarding emissions, I do believe VAG to be riddled with crooks from the top down....I feel like Ive been conned investing so much money and time with this company....very very disappointing indeed.

I will be following this story very closely and will make a decision as to whether to sell both my VAG group vehicles....what a disgrace !

I'm sure other people will have something to say on this matter.

A3 4 cylinder TDI drivers 2009 onwards ??? I am not a TDI driver at present but was considering going back to deisel but made a decision that it was not clean enough for my liking, that was before I heard the story today that emissions could be up to 40 times what is permissable !

Two weeks ago I went for a walk in the hills above Manchester and could clearly see that Manchester was enveloped in a smog......VAG amongst others have promoted deisel unfairly, along with governments who have all made a fortune out of polluting the UK and Europe.

VAG are crooks

Seriously?

Reactions: Schizophonic, Wayners247, VagCabby and 4 others
From what I can gather it seems to only affect those cars that use the AdBlue dosing additive that is used to reduce emissions. It seems that if the ECU sees a certain pattern in driving behavior it cranks up the AdBlue dosing pump to put a lot more in thus reducing emissions. However if it ran at this rate in normal driving the AdBlue would need to be filled a lot more often. So that would cost the user more money in running costs.

http://jalopnik.com/your-guide-to-dieselgate-volkswagens-diesel-cheating-c-1731857018

Karl.

Lets be honest...... Every vehicle manufacturer will have been at it. Unfortunately VW were caught first

Reactions: Daveotto and Minion Bob!
Bankers and car manufacturers/dealers what do they do in common ?

They sell finance and debt

In answer to your reply 'seriously' yes I'm being serious I dont like crooks and VAG have shown that is what they are.

Remember Libor ?

It isnt cars that have adblue, its cars they chose not to have adblue running, all 2.0 Tdi 4 cylinder engines 2009-2015 (supposedly clean diesel)

At the moment in the US but we'll see if its in Europe and also affecting other manufacturers.

I just happen to be someone that cares about the air my family and I breath and dont like being conned by anyone.

At the moment I have around 40k invested of my own money in VAG products.

Im not proud of that at the moment !

I think you will find that the majority of cars sold by VW and Audi are diesel and they keep the shiney showrooms going, which now seem to be all over the country (Ive been to a large number of them)...If people who are angered by VAG criminal activities, then Brett and mines S3's may not even be on sale, its the fleet TDI's that prop up the business allowing them to sell the more glamourous stuff to us. Whoever made the decision to do what they did deserves what they get, I can imagine it will be quite unpleasant in prison for fraud.

Last edited:
personally i couldn't give a monkeys unless they ditch the £20 annual road tax I currently pay on my 2.0 TDI because of it.

Reactions: Brett Butler
Unfortunately it's likely to be the innocent people who get hit and the cuprits get away scot free ( again like the bankers)
There's lots of folks working for VAG at the moment who will likely feel this in their wage packet.

Unfortunately it's likely to be the innocent people who get hit and the cuprits get away scot free ( again like the bankers)
There's lots of folks working for VAG at the moment who will likely feel this in their wage packet.

Yes youre right @RichardT I think the workers who have a strong trade union will be calling for management changes after this !

The CEO is standing down, although no doubt he gets a nice pay off.

Reactions: ACWKGYTO
We are so so sorry that our shareholders wont be getting their dividend this year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scheiße

I honestly believe that in general major corporations are unlikely to do this as the risk of getting caught is too great and as we shall soon see too expensive.
I doubt any one at board level had any clue about this.

But it's shameful, absolutely disgraceful. Its a prison sentence for some I guess.

Last edited:
I might be reading this differently but adblue is not the culprit here. Adblue is only on brand new Diesel engines MY15.5/MY16 onwards. Adblue wasn't around in cars back in 2009-2014! The system involved a software programme which ran the car much leaner during a testing cycle seemingly adding urea to the fuel system. Is adblue urea??? Anyway, it's not just a VAG problem it's sector wide. You'll jump ship and be planted right into another sh1t Storm when another manufacturer gets caught out. It's only 2.0tdi engines involved and not in EU/UK due to their testing legalities and who tests the engines. The US has much tougher emissions testing and done in a totally different way to the UK and EU in general.
VAG haven't been crooks they have simply been caught out doing what you'll probably find other have been as well. They'll now recall cars to correct their issues before they get caught and VAG will take the fall.
Won't put me off VAG.
@Pickle1970 your road tax is going up to a minimum of £140 in 2017 anyway!

I might be reading this differently but adblue is not the culprit here. Adblue is only on brand new Diesel engines MY15.5/MY16 onwards. Adblue wasn't around in cars back in 2009-2014! The system involved a software programme which ran the car much leaner during a testing cycle seemingly adding urea to the fuel system. Is adblue urea??? Anyway, it's not just a VAG problem it's sector wide. You'll jump ship and be planted right into another sh1t Storm when another manufacturer gets caught out. It's only 2.0tdi engines involved and not in EU/UK due to their testing legalities and who tests the engines. The US has much tougher emissions testing and done in a totally different way to the UK and EU in general.
VAG haven't been crooks they have simply been caught out doing what you'll probably find other have been as well. They'll now recall cars to correct their issues before they get caught and VAG will take the fall.
Won't put me off VAG.

I think you'll find it does affect EU cars

They are crooks that is a fact, is called fraud

If you or I did it we'd go to prison, as we cant pay billions in fines !!!!!!

PS Adblue is cat **** ! ha ha (VW are taking the ****)

Heres how the US are reporting it (buybacks wanted)

http://www.autonews.com/article/201...-want-payback-over-pollution-control-cheating

Last edited:
Won't put me off VAG.

Who ever has done this has broken US and perhaps even EU laws. Who ever did this is a crook. I think there may well be prison sentences for those responsible. Its not just a bit of software, it's a means to bypass legal requirements. It affects the environment and people health too.
It has to be the most serious major corporate scandal ever.

Who ever has done this has broken US and perhaps even EU laws. Who ever did this is a crook. I think there may well be prison sentences for those responsible. Its not just a bit of software, it's a means to bypass legal requirements. It affects the environment and people health too.
It has to be the most serious major corporate scandal ever.

Totally with you there, peoples health has been put at risk by continuing for 6 years on 'clean diesel' technology !!!!!!!!!!!!

The nhs is already under strain, our governments who are in the pockets of these crooks are also to blame

Can you give me a link that says EU and UK cars are definitely affected? Everything I have read, which has been a hell of a lot today has all said EU/UK are not affected.
If you are labelling VAG as fraudulent offenders then you better lump every other manufacturer in with them as the CO2 emissions are performed under conditions you and I can never replicate on the road. But I bet you are happy when you have to pay less road tax which these condition provide?
Yes they have committed an offence, yes they have admitted it, yes they will be fined accordingly but if you think for a second that this will be detrimental to the VAG group in the long run you need to wake up and smell the coffee. Audi will still thrive as will Seat, Skoda, Buggatti, Lambo, and VW. This only affects one size of engine out of the whole group (yes, it's a popular engine) but they will move forward, deal with it and keep selling cars.

I have invested £40k in VAG (both petrol actually) and dont want my investment to depreciate any faster than it is, due to the fraudulent way VW go about their business. I also dont want to be associated with that kind of behaviour, I dont care how good my S3 is, I feel like ive been conned. They Audi/VW etc are always going on about how wonderful they are, and their technology is first rate etc and you pay a premium to drive their cars.

I chose petrol over diesel because of both performance and lower nox pollution levels, I have had to pay higher road tax for that privilege and get less mpg. Whilst diesel drivers pollute much more via nox and pay less....the whole thing needs looking at.

The polluter pays principle is not acceptable in this age in my opinion, weve been going on about this for years !

VW and were yet to find out if other manufacturers, but theres no going back, I think they just took diesel out the back and shot it !

Worldwide is the key word (article from the Guardian website)

http://www.theguardian.com/business...al-escalates-volkswagen-11m-vehicles-involved

In a statement, VW said: “Discrepancies relate to vehicles with type EA 189 engines, involving some 11m vehicles worldwide. A noticeable deviation between bench test results and actual road use was established solely for this type of engine.

The Guardian? Says it all really! More left wing propaganda!

Time will tell.

From what I read you seem to be a earthy type of guy who cares about the planet and guess you believe the hype about global warming?

My apologies if I'm way off the mark.

*** could have given you the telegraph !

I'm open minded about most things and that includes global warming.

This is about pollution and defrauding consumers....trust ! Not in abundance in the Auto industry is it ?

I believe in things that I can see with my own eyes, and breath with my own lungs

Diesel particulates and nox is not something I want anyone to breath more than they have to

I drive an S3 8V sportback and have a mk2 golf gti 16v

VAG are on their last chance with me, Ive been shafted a few times by VW, I like some of their cars a lot, but they are not quite as good as they make out, which is pretty obvious from the last few days news.

I will see what they do to kiss my and every other owners **** and if its not enough will go elsewhere with my money....simple really.

Last edited:
Ok I'm gonna buy £250,000 of VAG group shares @ 106 price today and sell in 6 months for whatever they are

Of course im gonna do this virtually as I wouldnt want to invest with crooks like them !

Lets see what the results are in six months ?

Ok I'm gonna buy £250,000 of VAG group shares @ 106 price today and sell in 6 months for whatever they are

Of course im gonna do this virtually as I wouldnt want to invest with crooks like them !

Lets see what the results are in six months ?
That's confidence. Go buy £50 worth and watch your investment rise. :blink:

PS @Scottyg

Dont assume anything about anyone especially on the internet

We both enjoy VAG products

I think they will drop further anyway...you seem very loyal to the brand ???

Last edited:
We both do. I was merely reading between the lines of what you said regarding air quality etc!

You like smog ?

I see you live in West Central Scotland, you probably dont get it too much up there, unless you drive into Glasgow ?

I might be reading this differently but adblue is not the culprit here. Adblue is only on brand new Diesel engines MY15.5/MY16 onwards. Adblue wasn't around in cars back in 2009-2014! The system involved a software programme which ran the car much leaner during a testing cycle seemingly adding urea to the fuel system. Is adblue urea???
Adblue is a brand of urea solution, yes. It's used for cars with a SCR NOx catalyst to convert NOx into nitrogen and water.
Some of the other cars use an alternative technology called a lean NOx trap (LNT) which uses fuel to turn NOx into nitrogen.

It seems both types are affected by the modifications.

I don't think the system would have run the cars leaner as that increases NOx output. It's more likely the system increased the adblue injection rate, or increased the frequency of LNT cycles to reduce NOx.

Reactions: Scottyg and ACWKGYTO
Adblue is a brand of urea solution, yes. It's used for cars with a SCR NOx catalyst to convert NOx into nitrogen and water.
Some of the other cars use an alternative technology called a lean NOx trap which uses fuel to turn NOx into nitrogen.

It seems both types are affected by the modifications.

Are you sure ? Thought it was cars without adblue ?

Status
Not open for further replies.