Vag Tacho Help Please?

242spot

Reaction score
Hey guys just a simple quick question. I have just brought vag tacho from ebay.
Unfortunitly the cd that came in the mail is damaged. I downloaded the software version 1.9 online but i despiratrely need the drivers for 1.9
If anyone has vag tacho drivers for 1.9 and is willing to share them with me it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

hi mate, i have the cable drivers for the vagtacho cable, if you give me your email address i will send them. they work with vagtacho 1.5 so i guess they will work with 1.9. there in a .rar file so u will need winrar to open it. p.s where did you download the 1.9 software n was it free? wouldnt mind upgrading mine to 1.9!

Vag tacho 1.9 can be downloaded from vag tacho's web site.
I too have 1.5 drivers ........ unfortunitly they are different.

So if anyone has 1.9 drivers we both could do with them
thanks

u got a link to the website mate? i will have a go at getting 1.9 to work

I used to have Vagtacho working on my old HP laptop, but I'm really struggling to reinstall it onto my new laptop. I have tried three laptops now (Dell Latitude D620, Sony Vaio VGN-A517S and an old Dell Latitude LS) and I just can't get the drivers working. I believe it's version 1.5 I should be using but I can't install the drivers.

I'm actually a computer engineer and I'm annoyed I couldn't get to the bottom of this myself, does anyone have any ideas?

what can you use vag tacho for? searched the web but cant find much info.

hi,

I have downloaded the software from tek-tronick.co.uk

I have a VAG.COM cable, will this work with the VAG.TACHO software, or do i need a different cable?

Any help appreciated !

s3ollie said:
what can you use vag tacho for? searched the web but cant find much info.

It's use is to download and upload the dashboard EEPROM via the OBD port. It has various functions one of which is to change the dashboard functionality on Mk4 Golfs and Boras (you can change the needle/gauge illumination and add miles to next fillup etc) and another one is to change the displayed odometer reading.

I'm pretty sure it won't work with a Vag-Com lead if it's an official Ross-Tech one, but if it's a third party/ebay job it might work.

Well i bought a Vag Tacho cable.

I have a 2002 S3, but i cannot get it to work properly.

When i select " connect any ECU" i get -
[URL="http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/8541/pic001qs5.png"][URL="http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/8541/pic001qs5.png"][URL="http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/8541/pic001qs5.png"][/URL][/URL][/URL]

So i tried connecting to "VDO new", but it said not found, eventually after a few it connected to Audi Immo Box.

[URL="http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/6184/pic002rr3.png"][/URL]

When in the above screen i then click " get pin", but i then get a message saying, Error,or access denied.

Iam using version 1.5.

Any ideas please? am i connected to the correct ECU? i thought i saw somewhere that the A3 upto 2002 used the "Magnetti Marelli M73".

Cheers guys.

Vagtacho 1.5 only works with A3/S3's up to 2000. New VDO dashes implement a checksum check. You need vagdashcom, but it's pricey, 500€.

So can i not get my pin atall?

When i was sold the cable it said audi's upto 2002, which mine is ?

I have v 1.1 to 1.8, none appear to work..

Any help much appreciated!!

How much was your cable? Cheapest I've found was £40, which is a lot of money compared to vag-com. Or does the vag-tach cable double up as vag-com too?

you can get serial cables that double as a vag com and vag tacho lead. but like you say they are bout 40 to 50 quid.

they are a good bit of kit tho. get a few ppls skc codes for them and it pays for its self.:icon_thumright:

Hi guys i got some promblem whit my vag tacho 2.5 . Last time i tried to use it whit ver. 2.6 and now it does not work any more. If i try to install it again i gor messege "usb to iso interface" found and not K-line..
whould be greatful if you coud helm me.

Hi guys i got some promblem whit my vag tacho 2.5 . Last time i tried to use it whit ver. 2.6 and now it does not work any more. If i try to install it again i gor messege "usb to iso interface" found and not K-line..
whould be greatful if you coud helm me.

+1 same problem help me please.