Vagcom check required on module

stuck the updated board in sunday & it gave me the byte 21 for the bixenon with drl options which is great & will test when the wirings all in place when rain stops maybe tomorrow, but it also gave me the comfort menus tick boxes in byte 23 I think & another for drl via DIS or something but nothing is showing in the DIS updated so it also relies on another module maybe even the damn speedo, can anyone with advanced DIS menu's please post there speedo part number as cant imagine anyother parts reliant on these options

****** hell you psychic as was typing as you posted, lol

guess I was just curious to know LOL. I hope you dont need a new cluster tho I guess a nice facelift with white DIS would be nice LOL

Yeah the 21 byte module I had didnt have the settings I needed for the headlights, but what we should bear in mind is the bytes start at 00 anyway so even if I have 21 byte module & the byte I need to configure is actually byte 21 in long coding, its theoretically byte 22 given the 1st is 00 in vag, so mine went from bytes 00-20 thus missed byte 21 if that makes sense, but anyway regardless I still dont have DIS functions added after recoding with new module, but I do have byte 21 now for headlights, pheeewwww £180 well spent, lol

But if you check in Instruments 17(& yes I mean speedo as in cluster fella) & check I think was adaptation 24 & 82 there seems to be something in there about advanced comfort etc, so tomorrow I will have a look while I finish my wiring for headlights then go get them levelled up for mot end of jan, see if anything is obvious to me for these functions cause new white DIS speedo is far from cheap for sure

But interestingly enough in the K module it also had the option for Bixenon with LED DRL's which I thought was only on N & above for facelift so would the N have worked anyway, I will be comparing wiring from 04-09 to see as logically the wiring changes if its not a superseded new part number, so might have an N version available for sale which is 30 byte & the very latest available from what etka shows

Why'd you have to **** on my firework huh, cant I have at least a few days of glory, lol,(probably right, after months of searching, bar steward, lmao)

LOL, If one does, buy it anyhow - sell it on at profit when people realise they need it to get bi's to work properly :)

Yeah definitely, but whats stupid is kufatec didnt even or still dont know this needs to be done along with the wiring/headlight change, its kinda **** tbh & I ended up using the existing wiring & just changing slightly, sod there looms now, so have a spare loom for the upgrade

I mean when me & Matt were checking why he had issues with the headlight upgrade & thats one reason for this thread its then we discovered differences in the type of headlight settings in modules, oh well learn something new everyday huh

well yeah guess some mugs gotta find out the hard way huh, just on this occassion was me, lol

Oooh actually u've given me an idea, spending my damn money for me again, you should be my PA, lol, but yeah cause I remember now that when I did the s3 cluster change I could plug in & it worked so maybe I could see if it shows anymore info & code it even if immo doesnt work, but can replace mine afterwards so immo works again, urm definitely worth a try given its 07 one to, cheers slick, gonna check few things 1st but I'm due about 1.2k from halfords for refund of bikes so maybe can use some for this.

what s3 cluster? An 8L one on your old car? I made a blunder a few years ago and bought a facelift 8L S3 cluster for my pre-facelift A3. I knew it needed a few wires changed on the plugs but then I found out that due to mine being different immob version it couldn't be coded. Its still in my cupboard, like new with zero miles on it LOL

But if you check in Instruments 17(& yes I mean speedo as in cluster fella) & check I think was adaptation 24 & 82 there seems to be something in there about advanced comfort etc, so tomorrow

Had a look at that tonight, didn't see anyting like that on adaptation 24 or 82.

But interestingly enough in the K module it also had the option for Bixenon with LED DRL's which I thought was only on N & above for facelift so would the N have worked anyway, I will be comparing wiring from 04-09 to see as logically the wiring changes if its not a superseded new part number, so might have an N version available for sale which is 30 byte & the very latest available from what etka shows

So the K module just swapped out with your old one (C?) and once coded to match (copy and paste I guess) it all worked as it did before?

ooooops, think was MB 024 & adaptation 082, it was a quick browse at time but until I log in & check the MB's & adaptations cant say for sure, here's the label file from ross that has some mentions about this:

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/download/label-files/8P0-920-xxx-17.lbl

Yeah the K just swaps out with the C, I copied the coding down then typed in manually & then adjusted accordingly & changed the upper bytes

Yours would also swap out as its an F isnt it so K would be straight swap fella as its a superseded part anyway, but tbh cant see what you would gain from it as you have 23 byte anyway & advanced comfort isnt solely down to the module, but I will keep at it as this intrigues me now, found an 07 cluster to test with thanks to khufu so see if this makes any difference at all to DIS

Mmm, so enabling the advanced comfort menu didn't give you the coming home feature in the DIS?

Nope, nothing & I have the oem pdc & that doesnt show up either

If I can track down a cheap module I'll test it with my "J" cluster. Come on eBay....!

You still after a pdc kit for car?

Oooh found a facelift cluster John me old son, update soon.

Abso-fecking-lutely, lol

Infact maybe 2 of them

Actually thats weird cause its not even in ETKA either, strange

Ok ladies, I have a facelift cluster with white display now, not immo coded to car yet but I did a test for functionality today & surprisingly enough, it now has all the missing menus I had wanted, the PDC volume, beep frequency, comfort lights settings, its got them all so the answer to the query of how do we get updated DIS menus is you need to update the cluster to a newer version which may also be in conjunction with my J519 onboard upgrade aswell.

Its ****** nice display though, have to admit, alot better than the red one, clearer & more functional, so just have to get coded.

I did notice however there might be a diesel pump upgrade needed & extra wire ran as per an audiforum.us thread I've been party to, but need to check this, but once done I will post up, but I'm a happy chappy today

glad you got it ok, quite quick too! I wonder if you do indeed need the newer J519, I'm guessing you do. Will look forward to the pics.

Might have to go looking for a new central electronics module now so can have the comfort menus.

Nige, can you check your new DIS to see if it has the needle sweep feature? This was added to 08 cars.

glad you got it ok, quite quick too! I wonder if you do indeed need the newer J519, I'm guessing you do. Will look forward to the pics.

I still have my old board so can swap & see if it loses those menus if need be guys

Might have to go looking for a new central electronics module now so can have the comfort menus.

Nige, can you check your new DIS to see if it has the needle sweep feature? This was added to 08 cars.

As above & when its coded I will check this aswell fella.

Funny cause I was thinking if I could get a3 cluster mph without changing my existing over so can resale in UK, we'll see.

Just a thought, how are you going to get the new clusters mileage to match your cars current mileage? I was under the impression that they could only be changed if they had clocked up less than 150 miles? Perhaps there is some VAS dealer magic that can be done.

Hypothetically speaking, there are people that can do such things, not that I would use them of course, but cluster has almost same mileage as my car anyway but I would have it set if I used that service to the correct mileage if it was me, I for one wouldnt like to buy a clocked car & I certainly consider myself honest, I mean its not exactly high mileage anyway only done what 55k, clusters got 51k on it so small adjustmant needed if there was a service available, think its only illegal to actually change the mileage of the car to somethings its not huh, not illegal to change it to the same as the genuine cluster is

Not questioning the legality, just didn't think it could be changed. But as you say, where there's a will there's a way ;)