Valuation

Miked6405

Reaction score
Hi all I'm just wondering how much I should be looking at from the insurance company?
After some kind drunk polish man decided to take out a concrete lamp post and flip his car into the side of my car it's the a3 8p 53reg it was in good condition with a few miles on the clock 230 000.

were you in the car??

6 figures ;)

seriously tho I reckon more like £2000 max, based on the possible retail value

No i was in my house and it was parked outside, the damage isnt really that bad :( but it's a good car never really had any big problems.
were you in the car??

6 figures ;)

seriously tho I reckon more like £2000 max, based on the possible retail value
as

Just got offered £2100, or £1600ish and keep the car.
He said its £2700 worth of damage. :(

Just got offered £2100, or £1600ish and keep the car.
He said its £2700 worth of damage. :(
reject the initial offer, and send them some similar ones off autotrader and keep haggling till they give you a reasonable offer

edit just seen its got 230k on the clock, going to be a lot harder, but still worth trying - show reciepts for all services etc show how it was mint condition etc

I'll have to start digging all my history out now and start putting it all together for a better price, I can only try

Reactions: sliced
Oops, sorry to see this happened to you too :(

Are you serious... 200k on the clock?

Yesterday I was offered 4,800 for my car, tonight called again and said that I'm not happy with the offer, they immediately raised it to 5k without questioning me... however I did say I'm looking for 6k and the lady over the phone was so nice and helpful, she asked about the mileage and how much I bought it for, number of owners, whether I've kept all the previous MOTs, also asked if it has FSH with Audi only, she said expect another 500 quid, so so far it's around 5,500... now have to wait and see whether they make me an offer of 5,500 or more...

I be totally happy with 6k

Now with yours, get all of your service history and previous MOTs ready, have a look on AutoTrader and screen shot a few cars with similar spec to yours and make sure you mention those over the phone... hope you get the most out of it...

Good luck :D

Haggle with them I squeezed another 2k out of my insurance company. Just send them a full list of spec your service history and a few online valuations. Tell them you'll be happy with 2.1k and keep car, don't forget there damage amount goes on dealer price for parts then paint and labour costs it all mounts up, with breakers and eBay you could prob get it sorted for a whole lot less.