Valved quad exhaust system ? S3 8p

Joshua Ward

Reaction score
Looking for a quad exhaust system that's valved ... I know it's a long shot had a look online and can only find the valved system from tog gear bridgeport (thats the standard 2 pipe exit)

Also found the supersprint Quad exhaust but not a offspring of the both xD

If you guys have any suggestions they will be most appreciated

Maybe he means a flap ? as he is talking tail pipes.
A std back box and tail pipe set up will more than cope with stg2+

How does a powervalve work ? what is the increase in power between valve open and valve shut ?

Maybe he means a flap ? as he is talking tail pipes.
A std back box and tail pipe set up will more than cope with stg2+

How does a powervalve work ? what is the increase in power between valve open and valve shut ?
As far as I know, the powervalve is controlled by Boost. As the boost climbs it opens up valves in the exhaust and produces more noise.
Bit like having the best of both (resonated and Non resonated) due to the boost being low at cruising speed and no excess noise until it's wanted.

I could be wrong, but that is my understanding.

As far as I know, the powervalve is controlled by Boost. As the boost climbs it opens up valves in the exhaust and produces more noise.
Bit like having the best of both (resonated and Non resonated) due to the boost being low at cruising speed and no excess noise until it's wanted.

I could be wrong, but that is my understanding.

well the valved exhaust from Bridgeport has a remote to open the valves in the silencer to make the system more free flowing and louder, but you can also restrict the system to mimic the stock exhaust so you have a sort of "loud" setting and a "stock" setting?

hope this makes sense ahaha, but will look at the powervalve as i like the sound of that.

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
so its not really a power valve, just a volume control much like a flap.

Reactions: Joshua Ward
The restriction in the stock system is the down pipe, thats what you need to change if going above stg1. The downpipe will also give you more noise even with the std flap and the "powervalve" effect is still there as on and off turbo makes a huge difference to noise at about 3k rpm.

so its not really a power valve, just a volume control much like a flap.
Again, I could be wrong but I think there is a hose coming off the boost in the system somewhere that operates the flap.
I've tried to find out more on their website, but the last time I looked at their page the S3 8P section was a mess and barely legible. I gave up.

I remember commenting a year ago now that your website is your shop window to the world, its your first point of contact with your customer. If you cant sort that out what does it say about your company ?
I looked at buying BCS last year and gave up, if you cant get your website to work. what chance your exhaust ?

The BCS quad exhaust system for a Golf R is valved. It opens the valve when a certain level of boost is reached. A silicone pipe runs from a tap on the inlet manifold to the valve located on pipe 1. On low boost with the valve closed, the exhaust mostly exits from pipes 2,3 and 4 after going through the back box with a little coming from pipe 1. When the valve opens the natural path of the exhaust gas is to ignore the back box and come straight out of pipe 1.
With the S3 8P on low boost the exhaust goes through the back box and largely out of pipe 2. Under boost conditions , the valve opens and the back box is bypassed removing restriction with most gas exiting via pipe 1.

Useful if the back box was a restriction but of course its not at stg2+.
Lets face it, a lot more to go wrong , extra cost with no real gain.

When the valve is shut on the bcs the car picks up more low down torque and when on full boost opens up for no restriction at all.

R tech did a test a while back and found these results. Remember reading it somewhere so it does make a bit of a difference.

I'm more worried about the OP wanting a quad exhaust for his 8P.... I know each to their own.

@smurfworth R-tech mentioned to me when my car was on the rollers that the valve can be a nuisance when tuning as the flap closing between gear changes messes with building boost.

You beat me to it Sam. i was just thinking, how does this work with a map because you are sort of moving the goal posts all the time,.
I would like to see some before and after figures against a stock BCS or a stock exhaust with a large bore downpipe.