VCDS coding for footwell lights

Dunedin

Reaction score
Hi all, after installing front and rear footwell lights to my 2014 sline sportback I tried today to code them in.
Following @DJAlix coding, the car has allowed me to carry out..

Interior Lighting MMI Menu
  • 5F - Information Electr
  • Adaptations
  • (15)-Vehicle function list BAP-interieur_light_0x08 = Activated (should be set as factory default)
  • (6)-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_ambient_illumination = activated
  • (7)-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_ambient_illumination_clamp_15_off = not activated
  • (8)-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_ambient_illumination_over_threshold_high = activated
  • (9)-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_ambient_illumination_standstill = not activated
  • (10)-Vehicle menu operation-menu_display_ambient_illumination_after_disclaimer = not activated
  • Reset MMI
and

Footwell Lights
  • 09 Cent Elect
  • Long Coding
  • Byte 5
  • Bit 7 = Active (Footwell Lights Installed)
However when I try to enter the rest of the coding...

• 09 Cent Elect
  • Adaptations
  • (6)-Ambient lighting-Innenlichtinszenierung = Installed (ambient lighting - interior lighting)
  • (1)-Ambient lighting-Defaultwert Ambienteprofil Fussraum = 100% (default value setting profile footwell)
  • (3)-Ambient lighting-Defaultwert Ambienteprofil Vorn = 100% (default value setting profile front)
  • (1)-Leuchte30FR LC72-Lasttyp 30 = 46 - LED Kleinleistung
  • (2)-Leuchte30FR LC72-Lampendefektbitposition 30 = 0
  • (3)-Leuchte30FR LC72-Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 30 = 2
  • (4)-Leuchte30FR LC72-Lichtfunktion A 30 = Footwell Light
  • (6)-Leuchte30FR LC72-Dimmwert AB 30 = 100
  • (7)-Leuchte30FR LC72-Lichtansteuerung HD AB 30 = Always
I have a some problems and I'm hoping someone can assist.

When I try to make the adaptions it says a security code is required.

My 1st adaption also has options to enable instead of installed, I never like to assume anything, can someone confirm that this would change to enable.

@DJAlix mentioned when he posted his coding that if LEDs are not fitted then Leuchte channels also need changed. As mine are LED can I ignore the following

• 1)-Leuchte30FR LC72-Lasttyp 30 = 46 - LED Kleinleistung
  • (2)-Leuchte30FR LC72-Lampendefektbitposition 30 = 0
  • (3)-Leuchte30FR LC72-Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 30 = 2
  • (4)-Leuchte30FR LC72-Lichtfunktion A 30 = Footwell Light
  • (6)-Leuchte30FR LC72-Dimmwert AB 30 = 100
  • (7)-Leuchte30FR LC72-Lichtansteuerung HD AB 30 = Always
Thank you in advance.

Hi all can anybody confirm the correct adaptions for the footwell lighting retrofit and adding the brightness menu in mmi on facelift a3 8v without any lighting package. Thanks

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Hi all can anybody confirm the correct adaptions for the footwell lighting retrofit and adding the brightness menu in mmi on facelift a3 8v without any lighting package. Thanks

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk
I just did this last week and I took info from a few different searches to get mine done. The first post in this thread is accurate from what I can tell. I have a 2017 and the long coding was not necessary as its not available in the module, instead its done via adaptations

I have a 2017 and the long coding was not necessary as its not available in the module, instead its done via adaptations
could you share adaptations instead of
  • 09 Cent Elect
  • Long Coding
  • Byte 5
Thanks.

could you share adaptations instead of
  • 09 Cent Elect
  • Long Coding
  • Byte 5
Thanks.
Follow the list of adaptations in the first post. The security access you have to enter beforehand is 31347