VCDS Diagnostic - HELP NEEDED ASAP!!!

Jaycito404

Reaction score
Vw polo, 1.4, 2002, grey. Was involved in crash both front airbags deployed no mayor exterior damage just a few scratches. Dashboard changed, new airbags placed and seat belts changed. After an expensive repair i need to get the codes for any faults and erase the dashboard lights. Can anyone help me with a polo VCDS Diagnostic as I need to erase crash data(airbag dashboard light) and check any other faults recorded.

Welcome to audi-sport.net. Where are you located? :)

@udi a3, no I haven't I am new to the forum so didn't have a clue of it.

Found the nearest but last captivity was in 2011 :/ any recommended one? And price range they charge?

@Sandra thanks for the quick response! Really appreciate it!! Currently a desperate situation so thanks!!! Hopefully I get a reply soon!! :/

Thanks Sandra got the VCDS done today with Danny!! Great stuff!!

I would like to know if anyone knows if a vw polo airbag ecu has to be the same part or not;
By the VCDS DIAGNOSTIC I HAVE A DIFFERENT AIRBAG ECU part number, the one I got from scrap yard is 6Q0 909 605 A and it has a date of 01/2001, my vw is manufacture date was 2002 would that be a problem? Scarp yard guy told me all ecu are the same for all vw??

Reactions: Sandra
what did you do with your original airbag ecu..

Still have it but I have been told it needs to be changed as it has been triggered due to both front airbags deployed

in general when a car has a crash and the air bag deploy and pretentioners ,the ecu stores the crash data ..
you replace all faulty parts 8/10 times vcds clears the deployment record in ecu..if not you have to manually reset airbag ecu..
replacing used airbag from donor car sometimes is not coded to your car vin mismatch etc..
what did dave with vcds diagnose?

It all returns as if airbags ain't connected etc,
Done a search over the internet with Danny and came back other had similar problem and they changed ecu and erased airbag light.
When I got parts I got given an ecu so would that do it!

did you try clearing fault with doner ecu connected..

Not yet that's my questions original ecu and donee ecu have different part numbers would that be a problem, car breakers said it don't mater what car it is ecu work on all models?!

drop me a pm with contact no.ill call you and discuss your issue..