VCDS Experts B7 module assistance please RE coding

olethalb

Reaction score
Ok long and short of it is....

i fitted RS4 s/wheel to my car along with 12 pin slipring and steering column computor ending in Q so all is compitable with MFSW

now the buttons don't work and i am unable to have the wheel coded correctly

the problem seems to be there is no coding option for RS4 wheel, i'm told this is because when wheel / column computor was fitted the computor learns car 'settings'

my question is where does the column computor 'learn' this from to provide coding options for my car?

Thanks, Olly

Im not 100% sure but doesn't the RS4 use a different control module for their steering wheel?
When I did mine, I couldn't work out why my coding wouldn't work.
Turned out I was supplied with an RS4 steering module and would not work with an s-line steering wheel.
I'll dig it out friday (im clearing out the garage) and check the part number.
I may be barking up the wrong tree though.

thanks for the reply

i'm pretty sure the one i have is used in RS4, part number ends in Q

Olly

No the computer doesnt learn the cars settings auto, you have to code the features.

Q is not for the RS4, the T is, you can code the T to be non RS4 mfsw wheel, but I don't think the Q will allow RS4 coding tbh, just standard MFSW.

I've installed a TTRS wheel which has the same controls as a standard mfsw, on a members RS4 saloon which also required moving the rs4 starter button to the console & wiring adaptions made.

Ok so you're saying if i splash out on a T it will accept rs4 coding and buttons will work?

All ebay ads quote rs4 and end in q? I respect your opinion just don't want to throw good money after bad on this

Thanks Jimbo, searched ebay but nothing there :(

Want a little confirmation that it will work 100%, it is really hard finding info on this anywhere.

Olly

Reactions: Jimbo.King
Etka states a T, so if that's the case, then it must work with an rs4 wheel, slip rings same as the A4, only thing it wont do is activate sport mode as you don't have this feature, you need to test it & only way forward is to get the module.

I'll keep my eyes open then bud, thanks.

Out of interest what does the module 'learn' or 'auto detect' when coded?

Olly

When you code the module, you're basically telling it what is fitted & what features of that part are enabled for usage to you or the car.