VCDS Hampshire?

Holmesy

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. My first post on here. I’m looking for some help if I may?

I have not long ago purchased a 59 plate A6.
I want to have a retro fit Carplay system fitted and found integrated Automotive which looks like a well made option.
The car does not have EMI or AUX anywhere, It only has technology from the dinosaur age being SD cards and something called a CD changer?! lol
For the integrated automotive boxes (or any box) to work I need to apparently have AUX activated? There is no secret 007 green settings hidden area when holding down the buttons in the car so apparently I need to get it coded to enable it and AUX?
The car has MMI 3G low.

I’m not particularly clued up with all this but I suppose I’m looking for someone in the area of Hampshire who can do this for me? Apparently once I have this done then then I can have it installed. Has anyone on here also installed these integrated automotive boxes correctly?

I know I can purchase cheap Chinese units of ali express or eBay etc but I want something that is gonna have warranty, be made well and last.

Thanks so much

Am here and will help in the hope you can keep your hair.

You have a C6 chassis yes? Can unlock/enable the green menu for you but retrofits aren’t my expertise.

Due to your post count you won’t have access to PM so either message Sandra or put contact info in a bot unreadable format so we can move to private comms and arrange a meet.

Allow 30 mins for this as it depends on what errors are logged and for before/after coding backups.

Am here and will help in the hope you can keep your hair.

You have a C6 chassis yes? Can unlock/enable the green menu for you but retrofits aren’t my expertise.

Due to your post count you won’t have access to PM so either message Sandra or put contact info in a bot unreadable format so we can move to private comms and arrange a meet.

Allow 30 mins for this as it depends on what errors are logged and for before/after coding backups.

Hey John.

Thanks for coming back to me. I really appreciate it. Yes it’s the C6.
I believe I have found someone who can install the unit once this AUX is enabled/coded apparently.

I can’t message Sandra either?!
I have clicked on your name Sandra but can’t find a private message option for you.
Are you guys able to message me so I can pass my number on?

Thanks so much.

Hey John.

Thanks for coming back to me. I really appreciate it. Yes it’s the C6.
I believe I have found someone who can install the unit once this AUX is enabled/coded apparently.

I can’t message Sandra either?!
I have clicked on your name Sandra but can’t find a private message option for you.
Are you guys able to message me so I can pass my number on?

Thanks so much.
I will pass on your email address to @JohnM100 and you can sort something out through email.

Good to meet you Rob.

Glad we could get all sorted plus a few extra functions enabled, pending the CarPlay hardware install.

Good to meet you Rob.

Glad we could get all sorted plus a few extra functions enabled, pending the CarPlay hardware install.
Thank you so much for today John.
I really appreciated you giving up some time on a Sunday for me.
very clever stuff indeed!

If it wasn’t for this forum and Sandra in particular linking me to you then I would of been lost!
Thank you once again Sandra and to yourself John.

Reactions: JohnM100