VCDS interface not found

Yos

Reaction score
hello,
I recently purchased a VCDS cable (not original). There was a CD with SW included (19.6).
After installation, I manage to open the application and test the interface, which is ok.
But after the VCDS cable is plugged in the car, VCDS says "interface not found".
Does anyone know how I can fix that?

Buy a genuine one is your best bet.

Reactions: bikedoctorr
For what I want to do, eg resetting maintenance interval and reading faultcodes I find the original cable too expensive for me, that's why I'm looking for a cheap solution

Whereas I appreciate your dilemma, the cheaper route has failed thus far, so maybe reconsider an alternative way to resolve this.

I’m getting this too although my story is a bit different. My netbook finally gave up recently and last night I installed Windows 10 on my MacBook Pro using Virtual Box, I ran VCDS without issue but it won’t find my (genuine) HEX-CAN interface?? Any ideas??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m getting this too although my story is a bit different. My netbook finally gave up recently and last night I installed Windows 10 on my MacBook Pro using Virtual Box, I ran VCDS without issue but it won’t find my (genuine) HEX-CAN interface?? Any ideas??

Not used Virtualbox but I run my business off macs and use Parallels as my VM host, saves me carrying around 4 laptop PC’s! You have to make sure that the USB port in use is assigned to the VM.

Reactions: J0N
Not used Virtualbox but I run my business off macs and use Parallels as my VM host, saves me carrying around 4 laptop PC’s! You have to make sure that the USB port in use is assigned to the VM.

Is that within MacOS or the VM?

Sorted now, cheers.

Reactions: DJAlix
As advised, usually it's just the usb port needs assigning to the VM, common issue on Mac's virtualizing.

Glad fixed.

Virtualbox is good tbh use it daily, so you'll be fine.

As advised, usually it's just the usb port needs assigning to the VM, common issue on Mac's virtualizing.

Glad fixed.

Virtualbox is good tbh use it daily, so you'll be fine.

It’s the first time I’ve had anything to do with Virtualbox and I’m quite impressed. Now I’ve sorted the USB and changed the NAT to ‘Bridged’ so it can access my network everything us great.

Do a VM export incase it goes wrong after any updates, that way you can restore a working VM later if required.

Mine are several hundred GB so totally necessary backups lol.

The partition is only about 15GB as the SSD on my MacBook is only 128GB, I’ll only use the VM for VCDS and maybe printing results/logs. It’s funny that Microsoft’s hateful operating system runs better on a MAC than on a PC...

Mac switched to Intel at some point, not sure if yours is, but that may account for it lol.

Do a backup anyway bud saves reinstalling windows, just import & go, your choice.

Hi everyone,

I install de 21.3.0 version on my computer (64 bit Windows 10), but I fail the first test.
I try to download several drivers on the RossTech website, but it still can't find the interface.

Thanks a lot,

JF

Attachments

• VAGBUG_VCDS_21.3.0.png
    VAGBUG_VCDS_21.3.0.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 494
  • VAG_MSGTEST_VCDS_21.3.0.png
    VAG_MSGTEST_VCDS_21.3.0.png
    28 KB · Views: 509
  • image_67172353.JPG
    image_67172353.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 525
  • image_67154433.JPG
    image_67154433.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 495
Last edited:
It suppose to be, I bought it on Facebook with a CD but a friend broke it, so I download a version on Internet.

Hi everyone,

I install de 21.3.0 version on my computer (64 bit Windows 10), but I fail the first test.
I try to download several drivers on the RossTech website, but it still can't find the interface.

Thanks a lot,

JF
Clone interface. Ross-tech does not print software version on their cables as the software is constantly being updated. 12.12 is from 2013.