VCDS - Locking Confirmation Via Horn (Beep)

Paul-RS6

Reaction score
Having enabled this on my previous 3 Audi's, I really missed not having on the RS.

It has been a PDI option for years, but dealers rarely offer it.
It will give a reassuring Single Beep to confirm the car has been locked.
If a door is open, or someone has placed a jammer in your street preventing the remote signal locking the car it wont.

There is also a unlocking double beep available ( Byte 5, Bit 4 ) which I have never used as the locked beep is more important to me.

However if you wanted to know if you car was being unlocked on your drive, it might be useful?

A video of both can be seen here on an A1 ( not my video)
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=bqBqtzDQYUk

Quick Procedure.

09-Central Elect.
Coding-07
Long Coding Helper
Byte 5 Bit 1 Enable. Exit
Do it
Close and exit.

Pictorial Procedure.

Opening VCDS page

Choose 09-Central Elec

Choose Coding - 07

Choose Long Coding Helper

Choose Byte 5 Enable (Tick) Bit 1 and close Long Coding Helper.

Do It. close and exit.

All at your own risk. Take notes of settings before changes, so you can reverse them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 45bvtc
hi , for mine , bit 1 and bit 2 shows something different , does this mean I cant have this feature ?
IMG 2102

You are in the wrong byte box as the one you are currently in is highlighted in yellow (on your picture looks like you are in the first box)
The one that Paul shows the change required is sixth box along.

checked all the boxes mate but still didn't show it...do I need to setup something for it or anything ?

If you've followed Paul's guide there shouldn't be a issue unless your car doesn't support it.

This example is biased towards the later RS3 model.

As of MY 2010+ the Body Control Module (BCM) incorporates Central Electronics and Comfort System Functionality.

If you are running an earlier 2005 8P A3 then you most likely find it in section 35 - Central Locking.

I dont have access to an older car to document the differences, but you should be able to follow the guide on a friends site, or their might be one in the A3/S3 section.

http://www.wak-tt.com/vagcom/vagcomclcoding.htm

All at your own risk. ALWAYS take notes of settings before changes, so you can reverse them.

Last edited:
It'll be in one of the modules somewhere.

On our TT mk1 I had to search for it but found it eventually.