VCDS or OBDeleven Torque and Power dials - Long Coding Thoughts

hazzahex

Reaction score
Hi All,

This is my first post here!

I have been a long time lurker here on this forum and have just used my OBDEleven to enable the sport displays in my Virtual Cockpit. My car is the 2017 FL A3 with Tech Pack (VC etc).

I have enabled the sports displays on the VC and I have been reading on here that people don't think that the car has the ability to read these values if it is not an S3 or an RS3.

After a little bit of testing and tiny throttle movements, I can get the display to shot either 25%, 50%, 75% or 100%.

However, all of these values happen in a really short travel of the accelerator. Could it be possible to scale remap this scale to stretch over the full torque range rather than a small 5% of it?

I am not super familiar with the long coding, but perhaps there is a way to scale these values?

Any advice or thoughts would be much appreciated!

Harry

You have a 1.4 correct? That's the only FL model that's able to get any reading if I remember correctly, other A3/S3s lacks the necessary hardware to get any reading at all. Only the RS3 has all the proper hardware to get correct readings.

You have a 1.4 correct? That's the only FL model that's able to get any reading if I remember correctly, other A3/S3s lacks the necessary hardware to get any reading at all. Only the RS3 has all the proper hardware to get correct readings.
Yes, you're right. That is the engine I have. Curious how that is the only engine out of the S3/RS3 range that has these sensors.

Do you think there is a way to remap the values to product a full spectrum?

Has anyone figured out what hardware is required to do this?
I've no idea i'm afraid. Is there anything I can do to find out for you? As in can I look somewhere in the car or post the backup of the module?

Not even sure where to look. A vcds scan will show what modules and coding you have but if it’s something thats built into a existing module or extra sensors somewhere then it will be difficult to find.

In order to have these work you need the correct / supported:
  • Engine Control Module
  • Airbag Control Module
  • Gateway Module
  • ABS Control Module
These all contain the needed sensors in order to make the G-Meter and Engine Data Display work.

Reactions: AlS3BE
In order to have these work you need the correct / supported:
  • Engine Control Module
  • Airbag Control Module
  • Gateway Module
  • ABS Control Module
These all contain the needed sensors in order to make the G-Meter and Engine Data Display work.

Thought as much.
Got the g-meter working at least so it must be something in the ecm

Ok. But what is the part number?
Yer, kinda not as simple as that. You would need to find a module which is both compatible with your A3’s design database and that of an S3, but before this you would need to confirm which module the needed accelerometer lives in, ABS or Airbag as I cannot remember.