VCDS tweaks - couple of coding questions

Djwoody

Hi.
I own an A4 B8 2008 model and have just had a few VCDS tweaks added.

There are a couple more I would like to add but the guy who programmed the others couldn't find them.
Does anyone have the coding for:
1. Beep when locking/unlocking
2. Changing the Service intervals - I would like the normal service to be on an annual basis (say 12000miles or 365 days) and also Oil change to be every 6 months (6000miles or 182 days)

Many thanks in advance

Chris

Last edited:

benjie

I can only help with 1. I tried it on my B8 and when enable it and lock the car sitting inside you can hear a little beep. That's it. I haven't been able to find anything better. Had it on my B6 and really miss it on this car.

Djwoody

I can only help with 1. I tried it on my B8 and when enable it and lock the car sitting inside you can hear a little beep. That's it. I haven't been able to find anything better. Had it on my B6 and really miss it on this car.

So there is no alarm 'chirp'?
I had it enabled on my 58 reg A3, thought you'd be able to do it on the A4 as well.

benjie

No, not really. It's not audible from outside the car unless the windows are down.

evans1089

gyba5yvy.jpg

benjie

Not sure if I've done both bits of coding actually, will have to give it a go. What website is that from & does it say anything about a locking beep?

Djwoody

I found this one also, wonder if this will work. Although, it's not an alarm chirp.

Enable Horn confirmation on locking
[46 – Cent. Convenience.] [Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 1
Bit 2 - Check the box or change (Bit 2 Set to 1)