Unlock the module SFD 1st.

Make sure bonnet is popped.

Quittungston_hmi_einstellbar' option in the MMI to turn beep on/off

'Quittierungston_bei_entriegeln' beep at unlocking

'Quittungs_ton_bei_verriegeln' beep at locking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: cooperp, RSt3ve and CarterRS
T1000 unlocked a module with OBD11 then used VCDS but said it still left a fault code up after the 90 minutes?

For cars with 'orrible lane assist there is an option in VCDS to switch it to 'Remember last setting' I have done that one :)

Reactions: 8YARWY and RSt3ve
T1000 unlocked a module with OBD11 then used VCDS but said it still left a fault code up after the 90 minutes?

For cars with 'orrible lane assist there is an option in VCDS to switch it to 'Remember last setting' I have done that one :)

Who ? Lol

Time will expire then the error can be cleared.

Or it can be locked back up.

Only certain Modules have SFD protection.

This alone is why I'm going to get VCDS, it's so annoying!

Reactions: Mike.46
This alone is why I'm going to get VCDS, it's so annoying!

One thing I’ve learnt from using OBD11, wouldn’t trust it at all.

Half of the errors it doesn’t see, vs VCDS.

Reactions: Mike.46 and RSt3ve
One thing I’ve learnt from using OBD11, wouldn’t trust it at all.

Half of the errors it doesn’t see, vs VCDS.

I presume it's best to get a cable & software from genuine sources such as Gendan?

Reactions: Mike.46 and 8YARWY
Mine from ilexa, be carefull and avoid ebay etc as you need a different lead post 2019 cars

I think my 10 VIN lead was around £300, you can still read and clear faults on as many cars as you want, but to alter anything it needs to register the cars VIN, I sold my pre 19 unlimited VIN lead for £270 on ebay whilst it still has a value

Can you please post a bit more info on where to find this? My 8Y RS3 has this and it's a massive nuisance turning it off literally every time I get in the car.

Any idea how to remember the last setting for Auto Start/Stop as well?

Can you please post a bit more info on where to find this? My 8Y RS3 has this and it's a massive nuisance turning it off literally every time I get in the car.

That's what I followed, it works perfectly. Much better without it on by default.

Stop start will require a module to ‘remember last setting’