VCDS USERS MAP

Hi everyone, as your all probably aware, NHN and I have been updating the VCDS map. The purpose of the VCDS map is to have the location of other members who own a genuine ROSS-TECH VCDS cable who are willing to help others out when they are in need of a scan or some coding or enabling of new functions to there cars. If you are already on the map, can you please check your details are up to date, and you wish to remain on the map and be able to help others out. If any of your details have changed, please PM me directly with the changes and I will edit them.

For all new members/vcds cable holders, please click the link on the map to apply for your details to be added to the map. The application goes directly to Admin and then gets forwarded to myself and NHN at which point, we will then update and add you to the map.

Thanks Everyone.

Sandra. :) x
Hi everyone, as your all probably aware, NHN and I have been updating the VCDS map. The purpose of the VCDS map is to have the location of other members who own a genuine ROSS-TECH VCDS cable who are willing to help others out when they are in need of a scan or some coding or enabling of new functions to there cars. If you are already on the map, can you please check your details are up to date, and you wish to remain on the map and be able to help others out. If any of your details have changed, please PM me directly with the changes and I will edit them.

For all new members/vcds cable holders, please click the link on the map to apply for your details to be added to the map. The application goes directly to Admin and then gets forwarded to myself and NHN at which point, we will then update and add you to the map.

Thanks Everyone.

Sandra. :) x
hi Sandra

do you know if there’s anyone in the south coast area that might be able to help me out with a plug in? I’m near Portsmouth.

thanks in advance.

hi Sandra

do you know if there’s anyone in the south coast area that might be able to help me out with a plug in? I’m near Portsmouth.

hi Sandra

Have a look on the map and see who is near you Adam.

Anyone still active in preston or around the north west. Tried faction one but never got a reply. Taa

Tried to add myself to the map but when hitting the submit button I get an error page come up, I take it this isn't normal?

Thanks

Tried to add myself to the map but when hitting the submit button I get an error page come up, I take it this isn't normal?

Thanks
You can’t add yourself to the map. Only myself and one other has access

Yes I understand that, I wasn't sure if my request was getting through to you.

I have received it. Thanks. I will add you to the map tomorrow.

You can’t add yourself to the map. Only myself and one other has access

Speaking of which, I've submitted my details earlier this week to be added to the map, please.

Hopefully, it was received :icon thumright:

i have an airbag issue is there someone who can read my codes? point me in right direction please
located in west yorkshire

My vcds cable is vin limited but will scan and clear fault codes without using a vin up.
I do however have a wife that has MS and so have to be ultra careful regards social distancing etc.
Happy to help if you struggle though

Reactions: pburv
I have VCDS on the Wirral. Only just received it so still got to get to grips with it yet but doing the basic scans is no problem.

I assume you need a minimum number of posts before you can PM someone?
Evening Phil, yes you do. If you email me tell me where you are located or give me a members name I will message them

Does anyone know if its possible to replace 2 vins on a vcds with a different one? 2 vins are no longer required and 1 new vehicle needs adding.

Reactions: Shaun Osborne
Does anyone know if its possible to replace 2 vins on a vcds with a different one? 2 vins are no longer required and 1 new vehicle needs adding.

If you mean that you've a VIN limited cable/interface and want to get around that, I've never come across a valid method.

However, it doesn't cost too much to upgrade VIN limited ones to a higher limit or even unlimited, best to ask Ross-Tech :icon thumright:

Reactions: Shaun Osborne
If you mean that you've a VIN limited cable/interface and want to get around that, I've never come across a valid method.

However, it doesn't cost too much to upgrade VIN limited ones to a higher limit or even unlimited, best to ask Ross-Tech :icon thumright:
Thankyou mate I appreciate your response. I have checked with Rosstech and its not possible, but I'm probably going to go with the 10 car upgrade. Now that I've your attention, do you happen to know if I can use vcds to delete errors that LED tail lights throw up?

Thankyou mate I appreciate your response. I have checked with Rosstech and its not possible, but I'm probably going to go with the 10 car upgrade. Now that I've your attention, do you happen to know if I can use vcds to delete errors that LED tail lights throw up?

Yes, VCDS with a genuine cable/interface can probably do about 95% of the tasks that ODIS (dealer) is capable of, but for what it cannot do people would need to be mechanics, technicians or higher (I'm an Engineer as well as Driver).

Also, depending on the errors being thrown it could be as simple as the cable/interface used isn't reading the modules correctly (common oversight).

After that, check fuses, charged battery, and more info here:

- https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/6104/

Then get into the correct coding and adaptions depending :smiley:

Because genuine errors should be investigated and if everything checks out, maybe its only some old temp once off that can be auto-scanned, saved, and wiped never to return :rockwoot:

Hey all,
I’m looking for some help in the Harrogate area? Haldex was working but not very well. Replaced oil and cleaned filter however there is a code up now on my obd11 and not working at all in this weather. I believe it needs a learn function doing using VCDS which I don’t have.
Anyone available to help out

Jode

Hello @Sandra I'm from Troon, I see there is a user in Irvine (airbus) that is close to me. Im not sure how to get in touch directly, so thought it best to message through here.

I've recently took out my glovebox and turned on the car to test a unit whilst the airbag connecter was unplugged. This is giving me the error on the dashboard. Hoping I can get some help with diagnostics to reset the car.

Thanks for any help,
Wilson

Reactions: Sandra
@airbus319 has not been active since the summer. I have tagged him to see if he replies Wilson

Hello @Sandra I'm from Troon, I see there is a user in Irvine (airbus) that is close to me. Im not sure how to get in touch directly, so thought it best to message through here.

I've recently took out my glovebox and turned on the car to test a unit whilst the airbag connecter was unplugged. This is giving me the error on the dashboard. Hoping I can get some help with diagnostics to reset the car.

Thanks for any help,
Wilson
You could try @ch1z64

Hi I was wondering if anyone could put me in touch with someone who can add the display for my rear parking sensors, I’m from glasgow.

Hi I was wondering if anyone could put me in touch with someone who can add the display for my rear parking sensors, I’m from glasgow.
you mean this type of thing? Amazon product

I bought one recently and fitted without any help - just some youtube videos - never done anything like that before. I don't know about connecting the rear parking sensors but it's the type of thing that might do the job?