Vibrating brakes

Joetidman

Reaction score
So after a week of the car not used whilst I was in the US with work, I drove it today and noticed the brakes vibrating slightly and making a bit of a rumbling noise. After 10 mins or so it faded away but returned when I drove home. Only other thing to mention is the heavy rain we’ve had the last few days and all today. Did I read somewhere that the brakes on the A/S5 are designed to pump a bit like ABS automatically to remove the water from the pads? If so could that be it? Brake performance wasn’t massively affected, and back to normal after a while. Thoughts...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
So after a week of the car not used whilst I was in the US with work, I drove it today and noticed the brakes vibrating slightly and making a bit of a rumbling noise. After 10 mins or so it faded away but returned when I drove home. Only other thing to mention is the heavy rain we’ve had the last few days and all today. Did I read somewhere that the brakes on the A/S5 are designed to pump a bit like ABS automatically to remove the water from the pads? If so could that be it? Brake performance wasn’t massively affected, and back to normal after a while. Thoughts...?

Brakes on my S4 are terrible if left for a day or two. Even overnight. Grinding sound and that vibration but sane as yours, goes away. Haven't had a chance (keep forgetting) to do emergency stop from 60-0mph. Should get rid of any build up.

Reactions: Joetidman
Hi, I've just handed my Avant Quattro in to the dealer with shuddering brakes. The car was purchased on 19th April 2017 and has 7400 miles on it. They've told me I need new discs and pads on both front wheels due to extreme pitting. I'm more than shocked. This is not just a car with brake problems, it's an Audi, which would fail an MOT virtually out of the box. I had parked the car up for a couple of weeks whilst in hospital. The shuddering wasn't there when I parked but happened right away as soon as I drove it again. I don't use it for track days, in fact the hardest braking has been done by the car itself 3-4 times on pre-sense. With my previous cars of various makes I've had 20,000 miles on a set of pads and have rarely had to change discs over 20 or so vehicles. Now, this isn't going away, it's getting worse all the time.

Hi, I've just handed my Avant Quattro in to the dealer with shuddering brakes. The car was purchased on 19th April 2017 and has 7400 miles on it. They've told me I need new discs and pads on both front wheels due to extreme pitting. I'm more than shocked. This is not just a car with brake problems, it's an Audi, which would fail an MOT virtually out of the box. I had parked the car up for a couple of weeks whilst in hospital. The shuddering wasn't there when I parked but happened right away as soon as I drove it again. I don't use it for track days, in fact the hardest braking has been done by the car itself 3-4 times on pre-sense. With my previous cars of various makes I've had 20,000 miles on a set of pads and have rarely had to change discs over 20 or so vehicles. Now, this isn't going away, it's getting worse all the time.

I hope that's all being done under warranty and you're not being charged for it

Is this on A or S models? Probably not the same brakes on both, or is it? Brakes seems to be a big issue for Audi overall cross many different models from A to RS.