Vibration/chattering under acceleration

Gilly86

Reaction score
Ok first a brief description of when the issue first happened, last week while braking to a stop it sounded like something got stuck in the brakes but then after continuing to drive there was a continuous rattle/grinding. I assumed clutch or gearbox but after taking it around the block a couple of times the sound went away. Now the fault is isolated to the following, the car pulls away and can cruise no problem however when putting my foot down on the accelerator between 1000 and 2000 revs there’s a horrible shudder and a chattering that seems to be coming from the the front near side, if I keep my foot down it powers through it and goes away. There’s no loss of power or traction when it happens.
I’ve changed the the front near side bearing and drive shaft, took it to the garage yesterday and we checked over the mounts and there seems to be no excessive movement, also drained some oil from the gearbox which was clean.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated before the engine starts getting taken apart in the hopes of finding something.