Vibration on foot pedals

Roxman87

Reaction score
So I’ve noticed my peddles are vibrating abit when I’m in dynamic mode after I got my MRC stage 1 done just the other week, only noticed it the past day or so, it’s not as noticeable in comfort but as soon as I put it into dynamic and the exhaust valves open I can feel it in both pedals, anyone else had this issue and do u know what could be causing it? The exhaust is louder and has a lot more pops and bangs so I feel like this could be the issue.

It could be that your remap has pushed you over the limits of torque or bhp your clutch & flywheel was designed for. I've heard of folks chewing through flywheels and clutches with remaps.

Depending how many miles you've got on the car, it could just be time for a new clutch / flywheel anyway if they were close to the end of their life as the remap will be putting these parts under more strain.

I've also heard others complain about "soundaktor" in dynamic mode. I'm not sure if that applies to your specific model of car though. It's supposed to be some artificial exhaust resonance thingy. Could be worth looking into as others have complained of similar issues and claimed that fixed it by disabling it.

My car only had 9k miles on it so still new really, think it’ll be best if I ring MRC and see what they say, hopefully it’s nothing and it’s just a quick fix

It could be that your remap has pushed you over the limits of torque or bhp your clutch & flywheel was designed for. I've heard of folks chewing through flywheels and clutches with remaps.

Depending how many miles you've got on the car, it could just be time for a new clutch / flywheel anyway if they were close to the end of their life as the remap will be putting these parts under more strain.

I've also heard others complain about "soundaktor" in dynamic mode. I'm not sure if that applies to your specific model of car though. It's supposed to be some artificial exhaust resonance thingy. Could be worth looking into as others have complained of similar issues and claimed that fixed it by disabling it.
I doubt MRC would push torque too high as they have done plenty of remaps ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

My car only had 9k miles on it so still new really, think it’ll be best if I ring MRC and see what they say, hopefully it’s nothing and it’s just a quick fix
Any new hardware fitted?

I’ve got the bigger forge inlet and hardpipe that’s all, everything is a louder at idol now since the map but that’s understandable, Dave from MRC said it could be the dog bone sleeve and finds it weird how it only happens in sport mode

I’ve got the bigger forge inlet and hardpipe that’s all, everything is a louder at idol now since the map but that’s understandable, Dave from MRC said it could be the dog bone sleeve and finds it weird how it only happens in sport mode

I had vibration on the pedals after the fitting of the Unitronic turbo elbow.

It was down to the elbow touching the end of the brake servo.

Was sorted by a modified elbow allowing more clearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Roxman87

Obviously I’m not saying this is your problem.
But the Forge pipe is bigger and there’s less room, yes it’s not solid so you’d think the vibration wouldn’t be as noticeable if it’s touching something when you accelerate, but it’s something to check and rule out nonetheless.

Reactions: Roxman87

Maybe be something similar in that case, it’s not to bad at the moment just annoying, I think it’s just vibration from the exhaust/engine being louder. Just need to keep an eye on it for now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUO

I would agree as above this will most probably be the forge inlet touching the brake cylinder. You mentioned dogbone sleeve do you mean insert ? and if so what one did you go for ? this would also add vibration.

Sorry insert haha no I didn’t get one it only has the original fitted but don’t know if an upgrade would help, after driving it more the car is definitely a lot louder even in comfort mode its deafening and makes for more drone and vibration inside the car, I’m going to take it to a nearby mod garage and see what they think, might need some dampeners or like u said might be the inlet

Sorry insert haha no I didn’t get one it only has the original fitted but don’t know if an upgrade would help, after driving it more the car is definitely a lot louder even in comfort mode its deafening and makes for more drone and vibration inside the car, I’m going to take it to a nearby mod garage and see what they think, might need some dampeners or like u said might be the inlet
The dogbone inserts are a decent upgrade I had the Red, Diesel variant powerflex insert fitted and it makes a noticeable difference to shifting and makes things a bit crisper it also cuts back on engine movement somewhat. I went for the diesel one as it was a softer material and should transmit less NVH which I think was the right choice as in general driving no difference to NVH aside from quite a bit of added vibration in reverse. One of these could help your case if it is indeed the elbow though as the forge one is 3.5" it may still be a bit too big.

Reactions: wuta3 and Roxman87
So I’ve noticed my peddles are vibrating abit when I’m in dynamic mode after I got my MRC stage 1 done just the other week, only noticed it the past day or so, it’s not as noticeable in comfort but as soon as I put it into dynamic and the exhaust valves open I can feel it in both pedals, anyone else had this issue and do u know what could be causing it? The exhaust is louder and has a lot more pops and bangs so I feel like this could be the issue.
Did you ever get to the bottom of this? Just bought an SQ5 and find a similar vibration when in dynamic. I hope mine’s not been secretly modded!