Video in Motion Audi CONCERT not MMI hack can bus

Paul Kieffer

Reaction score
I am looking for some help here. I have an 09 B8 A4 sedan that i have replaced the audi concert system with an alpine style unit, the (X701D) for Alpine Europe not available in US. Got shipped from Italy everything works great. The problem I am having is something in the can-bus system cuts video out over 5mph I believe. I do not want to swap to the High MMI system to get the video in motion working, too much work. I don't use the nav from the alpine unit so i don't care if it ever updates location, I use waze, however; I cannot view it on the screen until the proper wire is removed or put on a switch from somewhere in this can-bus system. I have no idea which wire it is and if I need to disconnect it or ground it etc.. If anyone can shed some light on this situation I would greatly appreciate a response. Thanks so much,

Paul

California

Not used aftermarket equipment for a while now but back in the days, the Video motion wire was usually a brown lead from the unit and all you needed to do was earth it and that would allow you to run the video while moving. It used to be linked to the handbrake, meaning if the unit did not detect the handbrake, video would not play.

With the newer can-bus systems, I suspect a little more work is involved, or possibly 'hack'.

This might be of some use:

I think there are some kits online to aloow you to by-pass video in motion feature.

Check good old fleabay