VIM Manchester area

Raul_sbd

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Anyone that could do VIM activation in Manchester area. I have got Carista OBd but is not available there atm. I can see the image when stop but as soon as I take off screen comes off.
I just want it active to use google maps navigation wich I find v useful!

Thanks in advance !! Good night

Hey guys!

Anyone that could do VIM activation in Manchester area. I have got Carista OBd but is not available there atm. I can see the image when stop but as soon as I take off screen comes off.
I just want it active to use google maps navigation wich I find v useful!

Thanks in advance !! Good night
Try Nathan at kowalski details in Salford. He is a Lovely guy and really helpful :)

Reactions: Raul_sbd
I been informed by Alex i need VAG Can Professional, and both the VIM and VIM manager add-on modules, any one got it here? only seem to be a few on Ebay providing the service but quite far from Manchester :(

I been informed by Alex i need VAG Can Professional, and both the VIM and VIM manager add-on modules, any one got it here? only seem to be a few on Ebay providing the service but quite far from Manchester :(
I will look see if anyone nearer has got vag can professional :)

I've got VAG Can pro

But sadly not the VIM addon otherwise I could help.

Reactions: Raul_sbd and Sandra
I've got VAG Can pro

But sadly not the VIM addon otherwise I could help.
In your file manager, via aktivator, do a search for VIM. Do you have an entry which looks something like A3 MMI Small?

Reactions: T-800 and Raul_sbd
In your file manager, via aktivator, do a search for VIM. Do you have an entry which looks something like A3 MMI Small?

We looked before xmas Alex....

Remember you were on the phone to me at the time.

Yup, but I was checking to see if you had the "vim manager".

There are 2 ways to do vim in vcp. Vim manager is a £200 add on but I am wondering if you have the A3 mmi small vim .zdc file in your manager as this would do it when uploaded.

Open aktivator, confirm your sim, open file manager and do a search. Might be in there :)

Reactions: T-800 and Raul_sbd
Yup, but I was checking to see if you had the "vim manager".

There are 2 ways to do vim in vcp. Vim manager is a £200 add on but I am wondering if you have the A3 mmi small vim .zdc file in your manager as this would do it when uploaded.

Open aktivator, confirm your sim, open file manager and do a search. Might be in there :)

Will check later

Funnily enough I've just watched this being done with a .zdc file online.....

I would like to thank @DJAlix @Sandra and @T-800 for sort me out this activation!! I cannot recommend them enough, Saun is a top guy that did the job brilliantly! Alex put the brains, Sandra organised and Saun executed the job!! Brilliant ppl, best forum!

Reactions: Sandra, T-800 and xpoweruk
I would like to thank @DJAlix @Sandra and @T-800 for sort me out this activation!! I cannot recommend them enough, Saun is a top guy that did the job brilliantly! Alex put the brains, Sandra organised and Saun executed the job!! Brilliant ppl, best forum!

Your welcome Raul.....

Good to meet you, lovely car you have too.

Reactions: Sandra and Raul_sbd
Thank you Raul, I didn't do much but always happy to help. :)

Reactions: Raul_sbd and T-800
So if like Raul you have the SD Nav and aren't happy with it.........you can use your smart phone Navigation/Google Maps and have it display on the MMI

So if like Raul you have the SD Nav and aren't happy with it.........you can use your smart phone Navigation/Google Maps and have it display on the MMI
Correct!! and it does make the difference... waist of £500 paid to Audi for my sat nav.. could have had this VIM. Miles better, although you need first bit of a hardware if you got the non tech pack.. see the video;

All bits can be found on Ebay/Amazon.. then you need to get VIM unlocked..(leave this to the professionals djAlix or and T-800 ;)

@T-800 you can add the picture you took yesterday of the results on my car ;)

Reactions: T-800 and Sandra
Correct!! and it does make the difference... waist of £500 paid to Audi for my sat nav.. could have had this VIM. Miles better, although you need first bit of a hardware if you got the non tech pack.. see the video;

All bits can be found on Ebay/Amazon.. then you need to get VIM unlocked..(leave this to the professionals djAlix or and T-800 ;)

@T-800 you can add the picture you took yesterday of the results on my car ;)

I would do Raul however with it having a map on it and what I drive I'd rather not if you catch my drift

I would do Raul however with it having a map on it and what I drive I'd rather not if you catch my drift
Lol... ups I forgot! I completely understand Sean ;)

Reactions: T-800 and Sandra
More than welcome fella, and thanks :) Happy to help out where I can.