Vim

Muzzy

Reaction score
Hi I’m looking for anyone in Scotland who can enable my video in motion.
I’ve tried the serial number in trick77’s site but the code didn’t work.

When DHAutomotive / MRC Scotland has their Dyno launch I will be in Falkirk.

Reactions: Fatbloke, Audi Bairn, Khufu and 1 other person

That’s for the MMI 3G and doesn’t work with the newer Audi’s.
Depending on year obd11 might work otherwise djalix has a way to do it.

That’s for the MMI 3G and doesn’t work with the newer Audi’s.
Depending on year obd11 might work otherwise djalix has a way to do it.
It’s a 2014 A3 that I’ve got.

Is it only cars fitted with tech pack that has the high version? I've seen posts related to the buttons being silver where as my buttons for nav and media etc are silver, but function and other menus are black?

Is it only cars fitted with tech pack that has the high version? I've seen posts related to the buttons being silver where as my buttons for nav and media etc are silver, but function and other menus are black?
For PFL vehicles video in motion can be activated on both Techpack and Standard MMI unit but their playback methods are different:

-Techpack (sliver) = video via dvd drive, SD card, usb storage device, Ami connected device.
-Standard (black) = Ami connected device.

-For FL vehicles it’s technology pack only as Audi no longer supply AMI ports.

VIM on 2017 + vehicles requires a special process to activate.

Reactions: RPetrie27
For PFL vehicles video in motion can be activated on both Techpack and Standard MMI unit but their playback methods are different:

-Techpack (sliver) = video via dvd drive, SD card, usb storage device, Ami connected device.
-Standard (black) = Ami connected device.

-For FL vehicles it’s technology pack only as Audi no longer supply AMI ports.

VIM on 2017 + vehicles requires a special process to activate.

Thanks for the info :thumbs up: need to give it a try in park see if its worth getting the vim enabled.

Mines is defo the a3 with techpack.
Can anyone enable this video in motion for me plzzzzzzz

Because I’m going on a long journey and would like this function enabled for my Mrs comfort while on the journey. Also I can’t find anyone who can obd it

It’s obdeleven that’s the tool that should work on the older a3 but it’s dependent on software version.
I have obd11 but not comfortable doing stuff for other folk in case i brick your mmi unit. It’s fine messing about on my own car but don’t like messing around with someone else’s as I will take it in the chin if I break my own car but you will probably try kick my a55. £1000+ for new MMI unit if it bricks your mmi.

It’s obdeleven that’s the tool that should work on the older a3 but it’s dependent on software version.
I have obd11 but not comfortable doing stuff for other folk in case i brick your mmi unit. It’s fine messing about on my own car but don’t like messing around with someone else’s as I will take it in the chin if I break my own car but you will probably try kick my a55. £1000+ for new MMI unit if it bricks your mmi.

£3k according to the invoice I have from Audi!

Unit in the glovebox, I didnt even know it was faulty, it went in for something else

Surely the potential for distraction and an accident is too much of a risk? Wouldn't it be much safer to get the missus a tablet?

Reactions: Phutters
Because I’m going on a long journey and would like this function enabled for my Mrs comfort while on the journey. Also I can’t find anyone who can obd it
Why is it always 'the wife' who wants the screen. To stay within the law, your wife should sit in the rear seats and use a tablet. You must not have a TV screen where the driver can see it. Perhaps your wife should try looking at the scenery. Relying on ACC and ALA is silly. They are driver aids not a replacement.