VIN number

Martha

Reaction score
Does naybody have nay idea when the vin numbber is allocated?

My vehicle is Build Week 19. Can I track the car better once I have a VIN.

Also any idea when reg numbers are allocated sometimes dealers let you choose what they have?

Cheers,

Martha

Hi, The VIN number won't be available until the car is built and won't really give you any additional benefits other than linking it with my.audi depending on the spec of your car.

Have a word with your dealer he may give you a choice out of what he has available.

I think most dealers will let you choose the reg number. But any choice ones will be retained by DVLA for sale.

Does naybody have nay idea when the vin numbber is allocated?

My vehicle is Build Week 19. Can I track the car better once I have a VIN.

Also any idea when reg numbers are allocated sometimes dealers let you choose what they have?

Cheers,

Martha
@Martha - Telephone Audi Uk Customer Services on 0800 699 888. Open Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 8:30am to 3pm. Give it a week or so to see if the cars built and then contact them.
Still no facility to track an Audi even with a VIN no. I'm afraid

Registration numbers are Dealer specific. Some give you a choice some don't. Does it really matter that much?

Cheers. Thanks for the handy advice!

If your dealer has a guaranteed BW of 19, then it will be built next week.
Your dealer will know from the Audi system as soon as it is built and what it's VIN is. Give them a call.
You may be able to figure out what ship it's on if the dealer gives you regular updates and tells you when it arrives in port and when it's on the ship (they can find out all this stuff). Then you can track the ship. That's pretty cool, but don't worry if you don't figure that out. It only takes a day at sea anyway. Don't forget if you are getting a saloon it will take longer to get to port. Exciting times!

My last few dealers have been happy to send me a list of available registrations. Like to see if they happen to have one I like or of some meaning to me, but it's mainly to ensure I don't get something embarrassing or worse still one with "LFC" in it. I'd have to reject it or get a private plate!

Im planning on asking if i can pic a reg also.
Theres a jag at the end of my road with a plate ending in PUU :flush:

Telephone Audi Uk Customer Services on 0800 699 888

I had need to call them the other day and I found them most helpful, I was also pleased that they were unhappy that I was unhappy that a promised job hadn't been done by my local dealer. Then to top that, a promised call from the dealer never came after I had called them to chase up the job in question! She told me to send them an email and give them until Tuesday to reply, if they don't reply she wants me to call her back and she will call them on my behalf :) She made notes on her system and gave me her name and extension number so that I speak to the same person each time...which is handy ;)

Reactions: Bristle Hound