Vindis Audi sports showcas event - Rockingham

Leegaryhall

Reaction score
Back from the showcase event at Rockingham.
Went out in the TTS first...that was very brisk!! Loved the sports seats and the low slung driving position and it looked the mutts in sepang blue. Not massively different speed wise to my S3 but felt faster and more responsive due to the low driving position. Felt fresh interior and again loved those sport seats...really hugged you.

Next up was a handling course, basically you follow a coned course, doiing a couple of slaloms, swift stop and reversed to a space and then Floor it through more cones, round a cone in the middle of the course and then leg it back through some more cones, was great doing this in someon else's car lol. Did this in TTS and an S3...and didn't hold back, got the tyres screeching I can tell you!

After some lunch and a 10 minute go In a SQ5 on the skid/wet pan course it was time for the big one....the road test of the new RS3....****** hell does that thing shift...and the noise....lol. I couldn't stop dropping it down a gear to get the loud cracks and bangs from the sports exhaust.
Quicker than the TTS for sure, not to sure by how much up to 80-90mph but certainly more responsive and torquey higher up the Rev range. Seats nowhere near as good as the TTS seats which is a shame..and they were the so called super sport seats.

It's a close call for me, the RS3 has the amazing soundtrack and immense engine, but the TTS looks better and has much better seats and low seating position, and as the Mrs pointed out, the RS3 from behind the wheel was exactly the same as the S3 where as the TT is completley different.
Realistically the TTS/S3 is all the performance you need for 95% of the time, but the addictive sound and pull of that RS3 is soooo tempting.

I need a new TTRS ha ha

Oh well keep on dreaming Lee lol

Thought I'd share my thoughts on today's Audi showcase event.
Anyone go from this forum?

Sounds good man.

Ive been invited to one near Ipswich somewhere. are they worth it?

The only problem is that I'm 21 and it looks like you need to be 25 to drive anything. :bye:

Good write up!

Got invited to one local to myself a few months back, couldn't go in the end due to other commitments! Shame really as I turned 25 this year so will actually be allowed to drive unlike previous years where I've been an onlooker only!

So yes, @DommyR, last time I went to an event being under 25, I wasn't allowed to drive anything!