Facelift Violence related theft

T

T-800

Absolutely crazy......

fbceeeb3f587a82bceb49065a1588043.jpg

Disgusting , just disgusting.

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

Downside of owning a great motor. I always check if no one follows me home. Too many stories of these kind of thefts.

Reactions: Scotty75
**** scum. Poor fella I hope he’s okay. Violence is really the only way of pinching them unless you can find the keys. Takes a ballsy thief to do it aggravated - lots more time if you get caught.

Horrible. Hope the guy's ok?

Unfortunately it's nothing new, as people have been badly assaulted for cars for years and years. It puts you off owning anything nice, as there is always someone who will decide to take your car no matter what.

When I had my R8, I always check what car was following me when I got near home. If in any doubt I'd take an alternative route just to check.

I'm guessing the car will either be stripped for parts, on it's way to South Africa via container ship, or has been stolen to use in a raid of some sort later, and be used to outrun the police. If the latter, hopefully a Tree trunk will be their final destination.

Reactions: NevMan and jaysrs4
Kin scum. Poor fella I hope he’s okay. Violence is really the only way of pinching them unless you can find the keys. Takes a ballsy thief to do it aggravated - lots more time if you get caught.

Hopefully Karma will come back to haunt them when they're old and vulnerable.

Reactions: jaysrs4
It makes me feel like after the RS3 I'll just get a regular family car then a second fun sports car. You don't hear about 2 door sports cars getting stolen as much as these hot hatches or super saloons.

Reactions: NevMan
It makes me feel like after the RS3 I'll just get a regular family car then a second fun sports car. You don't hear about 2 door sports cars getting stolen as much as these hot hatches or super saloons.

I'm sure it does still happen. Other forums probably have threads stating `Cars been stolen`.

Maybe not so widespread though, as generally weekend toys are kept inside garages, while most RS, AMG, M products are kept on peoples driveways overnight. Easier to spot, easier to steal. Plus more high volume cars mean more chance of stealing one.

Reactions: infernox and NevMan
I'm sure it does still happen. Other forums probably have threads stating `Cars been stolen`.

Maybe not so widespread though, as generally weekend toys are kept inside garages, while most RS, AMG, M products are kept on peoples driveways overnight. Easier to spot, easier to steal. Plus more high volume cars mean more chance of stealing one.

I haven't really looked at other forums to be honest since my last 3 cars have been Audi's. I did notice on this forum that hardly any 3 door S3's got stolen compared to the hatchbacks or saloons and people were saying it was because gangs wouldn't want a 3 door car. I haven't checked the TT forum but does the TTRS have this problem too?

I haven't really looked at other forums to be honest since my last 3 cars have been Audi's. I did notice on this forum that hardly any 3 door S3's got stolen compared to the hatchbacks or saloons and people were saying it was because gangs wouldn't want a 3 door car. I haven't checked the TT forum but does the TTRS have this problem too?

TT-RS's are more likely stolen to order, while (as you say) 5 door & Saloon S3/RS3's are better for gangs being 4 up.

On another forum, I know of a guy who had his 911 Turbo's stolen off his driveway. All desirable cars run the risk of scum wanting to take them.

Reactions: AudiNutta