Virtual cockpit in pre face s3 8v

if you are lucky and get the sensors from the same car and body styl you maybe don't need calibration.
Yes it was changed from pFL to FL sensor.
You need the Left and Right Sensor/Modul the L and R LED in mirror. And the pin position and connector typ between pFL and FL is different. The best way is to get small harness between the both sensors and connect them to the existing pFL Side Assi harness. That is the way i have done it.

Anybody know something about the Info in VC direkt after ignition switch on, it is only an short info with an beep. and after 1-2 sec. it is gone and everything is fine.

Anybody know something about the Info in VC direkt after ignition switch on, it is only an short info with an beep. and after 1-2 sec. it is gone and everything is fine.
Ok, Problem found. Now Everything work perfekt.
Hi I also have the same issue but I can not find any Fault in VCDS autoscan.. What was the problem in your case?

Is this still such a big job in a face lift car? do you still need a new dashboard? if so why I thought it looks the same

So mechanically the VC is a direct swap? I bet that there is quite a bit of wiring and coding?

Nope, FL has FL dashboard for sure. VC fits into it
Incorrect. There are two versions of the FL dashboard, one for the analogue cluster and one for the virtual cockpit. They are different dimensions. If you are fitting a virtual cockpit in to a non-virtual cockpit dash then you need to cut or change it.

Thanks DJ as usual - all roads lead to you!
Which is the best solution - cut or change?

Thanks DJ as usual - all roads lead to you!
Which is the best solution - cut or change?
Depends on your retrofitter and budget.

One thing to note... it’s no longer possible to retrofit a used virtual cockpit in the Audi MQB platform.

Depends on your retrofitter and budget.

One thing to note... it’s no longer possible to retrofit a used virtual cockpit in the Audi MQB platform.
Thanks for the correction DJAlix. Now it looks like I had two incorrect information..

Due to more stringent security requirements, the service process for installing used immobiliser
control units (from February 2021 onwards) has been modified (see list).
• In future, you will need to apply for approval from AUDI AG to install any used immobiliser control
units.
• The application is shown automatically when you attempt to adapt the immobiliser control unit
using the ODIS tester (or a laptop with ODIS access).
• Print out the application, sign it and send it to the e-mail address given in the application.
• The department in charge of approvals will check that the application is correct and complete.
• You will then receive an e-mail with information regarding the outcome of your application.
• Please note: It may take up to 48 hours before you receive a reply.
• Once approval has been granted, it is only possible to adapt the control unit to the vehicle
identification number documented in the application. There is no time limit for doing this.
This currently affects the following control units:
Instrument cluster
Audi TT (FV) 2015 >
Audi A3 (8V/ FF) 2013 >
Audi Q2 (GA) 2017 >
Audi Q3 (F3) 2019 >
Convenience system central control unit
Audi A4 (8K/ FL) 2008 > 2015
Audi A5 (8T/ FR/ 8F/ FH) 2008 > 2015
Audi Q5 (8R/ FP) 2009 > 2015
Audi A6 (4G/ FC) 2011 > 2017
Audi A7 (4G/ FC) 2011 > 2017
Audi A8 (4H/ FD) 2010 > 2017
Audi R8 (FX) 2015 >
This list may be extended to include other control units at any time.
Technical product information 2062033/1 Page 1 of 2"
Production change
February 2021

Thanks for the correction DJAlix. Now it looks like I had two incorrect information..

Due to more stringent security requirements, the service process for installing used immobiliser
control units (from February 2021 onwards) has been modified (see list).
• In future, you will need to apply for approval from AUDI AG to install any used immobiliser control
units.
• The application is shown automatically when you attempt to adapt the immobiliser control unit
using the ODIS tester (or a laptop with ODIS access).
• Print out the application, sign it and send it to the e-mail address given in the application.
• The department in charge of approvals will check that the application is correct and complete.
• You will then receive an e-mail with information regarding the outcome of your application.
• Please note: It may take up to 48 hours before you receive a reply.
• Once approval has been granted, it is only possible to adapt the control unit to the vehicle
identification number documented in the application. There is no time limit for doing this.
This currently affects the following control units:
Instrument cluster
Audi TT (FV) 2015 >
Audi A3 (8V/ FF) 2013 >
Audi Q2 (GA) 2017 >
Audi Q3 (F3) 2019 >
Convenience system central control unit
Audi A4 (8K/ FL) 2008 > 2015
Audi A5 (8T/ FR/ 8F/ FH) 2008 > 2015
Audi Q5 (8R/ FP) 2009 > 2015
Audi A6 (4G/ FC) 2011 > 2017
Audi A7 (4G/ FC) 2011 > 2017
Audi A8 (4H/ FD) 2010 > 2017
Audi R8 (FX) 2015 >
This list may be extended to include other control units at any time.
Technical product information 2062033/1 Page 1 of 2"
Production change
February 2021
Yup, posted this in my sponsors section and will be adding further information also.

Hi,
So it is not possible to do VC retrofit on A3 2015 anymore ?

Thanks
Its possible. I'll make it but i have problem with vc display. Someone can help me?

Wysłane z mojego SM-G988B przy użyciu Tapatalka